• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher not coming to Carolina

Jackofalltrades

Shanahan, dear God, I will kill myself.

What did Shanahan do without Elway?

Enlighten me please?

A division title, several playoff appearances, or about what Cowher did without Big Ben, Belichiek did without Brady, Chuck Knoll did without Terry Bradshaw, Tony Dungy did without Manning etc. Parcells did manage a superbowl without Phil Simms, but he lost. Only coaches in the last 30 or so years to win the superbowl without a good to great Quarterback were Brian Billick and Joe Gibbs.

So he claims to be a journalist with direct access to Jake Delhomme's medical records and guarantees that Cowher will be the Cowboy head coach next year as well. You would think that with sources like that he would be sought after by ESPN and NFL Network. And yet nobody has been able to show a single example of him being correct before.

Gee, you're right Jbro. Only newbies and trolls would possibly question with such impeccable credentials.

SMF is just upset that there's somebody saying Cowher isn't coming.

For the record, I could see him going to Dallas. Wade Phillips is almost certainly out, and I really don't need an inside source to figure that one out. I never understood why he kept Phillips around, as you knew he wasn't happy with him. Perhaps Cowher wanted another year off?

For the record, I could see him going to Dallas. Wade Phillips is almost certainly out, and I really don't need an inside source to figure that one out. I never understood why he kept Phillips around, as you knew he wasn't happy with him. Perhaps Cowher wanted another year off?

I could see him going to Dallas, I just can't see it lasting very long. Maybe a couple of years at most.

Not really. Cowher is right there at the top, but I'm also a Leslie Frazier fan if you couldn't tell.

I just continue to be amazed at seemingly smart people that keep insisting that JOAT knows what he's talking about when they don't have a single example to prove that he was right in the past.

I thought the reason Jerruh pays Jason Garrett Head Coach money was so Garrett would stay and be the next HC when Phillips got canned.

IRVING, Texas -- After looking into two coaching jobs, Jason Garrett decided to remain offensive coordinator of the Cowboys after Dallas made him the highest-paid assistant coach in the NFL.

The Cowboys promoted Garrett to assistant head coach and gave him a new contract that will pay him in the ballpark of $3 million per year, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips' salary is also in the $3 million range. There is no word on whether the team plans to adjust Phillips' salary.

Garrett went through second interviews in Baltimore and Atlanta earlier this week, then returned to Dallas to meet with team owner Jerry Jones.

"This is huge because changing systems right now would have been really tough on Tony [Romo]," a source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Jones, who hired Garrett last year before hiring Phillips, apparently convinced him his future was just as bright with the Cowboys, who are coming off a 13-3 regular season with eight of his offensive players going to the Pro Bowl.

Garrett gave thoughtful answers to all questions but one. Asked if he was promised he'd replace Phillips, Garrett said, "No," then turned his head to seek a question from the other side of the room.

League rules prevent team owner Jerry Jones from anointing Garrett as the heir to Phillips, but the way things have played out sure seems to indicate the likelihood.

"We're thrilled that Jason will be with the team in 2008 and moving forward," Jones said in a statement. "We believe that what we accomplished in 2007 is just the beginning of many productive years ahead. His vision and direction on the offensive side of the ball will only help us improve and get to where we want to be."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822

So a friend of mine who is a huge Cowboy fans, knows people within the organization and just flew back from the SD game tells me that Bill Cowher is very likely to be the next Cowboy coach and that Phillips, regardless of how the season plays out is done.

I consider him a very reliable source and have no problem seeing this happening.

Next.

So he claims to be a journalist with direct access to Jake Delhomme's medical records and guarantees that Cowher will be the Cowboy head coach next year as well. You would think that with sources like that he would be sought after by ESPN and NFL Network. And yet nobody has been able to show a single example of him being correct before.

Gee, you're right Jbro. Only newbies and trolls would possibly question with such impeccable credentials.

When was it ever said he had direct access to Jake Delhomme's medical records?

I never saw a guarantee. And I have no reason to prove if someone is right or not, I know for a fact he has been spot on in the past and that is good enough for me to believe there is some truth to this.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2283916&postcount=30

I have access to medical records, it's broken.

Whether or not he can play, I don't know or care, it was obviously past time to make a change. I just hope Moore makes the most of his opportunity.

Also, you say you know for a fact that he's been right in the past. What fact is that? Care to let the rest of us in?

I known JOAT for quite some time & I know he isn't someone who like to make poo up. You can believe it or not on his story, SMF, but the thing is you don't know him well as many of us do & we can say for sure he isn't the type to lies and such you're accussing him of. JOAT is pretty trustworthy. At least compare to you. :P

I known JOAT for quite some time & I know he isn't someone who like to make poo up. You can believe it or not on his story, SMF, but the thing is you don't know him well as many of us do & we can say for sure he isn't the type to lies and such you're accussing him of. JOAT is pretty trustworthy. At least compare to you. :P

Does anyone know how to translate Cro-Magnon?

Archived