• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bathroom Remodelization

Scrumtrilescent

Why do you need a fancy toilet anyway? A Home Depot crapper is as good as a crapper from some specialty place.

Meh, not so much. A lot of the Lowe's and Home Depot products are manufactured with sub-par quality materials. They look the same on the outside, but the innards are usually el-cheapo. That's why they can beat my prices on a lot of plumbing fixtures.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as the house, buy from a reputable plumbing supply.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as you do in the sack, buy from a big-box store like Home Depot.

:smilielol5:

Meh, not so much. A lot of the Lowe's and Home Depot products are manufactured with sub-par quality materials. They look the same on the outside, but the innards are usually el-cheapo. That's why they can beat my prices on a lot of plumbing fixtures.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as the house, buy from a reputable plumbing supply.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as you do in the sack, buy from a big-box store like Home Depot.

:smilielol5:

Got any recommendations in the Charlotte area? Bossman wants one of those glass doors for the tub that's sort of a half wall/doesn't go all the way across if you know what I'm getting at, but she also wants some sort of Asian arty look to it. Stupid art hippies...

When you get done practicing on your bathroom and learning from your mistakes, give me a call and you can come remodel my master bathroom. That is one thing that I am weary of taking on. There is too much that go wrong when you are not sure what you are doing and dealing with a bathroom on the second floor. Escaping water likes to travel downhill.

Stupid gravity.

Well, I've done an upstairs bathroom before with my Pops. That was much more than this one will/is. And yeah, plumbing has always been the one thing I get apprehensive about.

I had an issue with a tequilla bottle and spinich dip at a party the wife and I went to not to long ago......apparently I clogged the sink (haven't done that in years) and decided to take apart the plumbing in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Made the worse mess I have ever seen in my life and took me 3 days and 4 trips to the local hardware store to figure out how to piece everything back together. :D I hate plumbing.

Life with me = never dull

I'm in Cashiers, NC...about 3 hours from Charlotte so I can't recommend a plumbing supply in that area that I have dealt with. If you can find an HD Supply or something you might be in luck. I know there are several Ferguson branches around there as well and I wish you luck with them if they're anything like the local branches here. I've stopped purchasing products from them because they're so incompetent, plus I like to keep my money out of my competitors' pockets. :) Their prices are okay, but not anything to write home about even if you get a contractor's discount.

Archived