• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-24 Preseason Thread

Panthers Fan 69

3 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-trim-training-camp-roster-to-30-players

Looks like Unger Sorum is still on the roster after the trim. He will probably get a few games as a tryout until Svech is fully ready. 

Dope. Would love for FUS to get some NHL regular season reps with the team before he heads back overseas. Looks like Suzuki and Pono haven’t been reassigned yet either.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I know you've been a Panther fan for a while, but you should make an effort to see a live hockey game. It's a helluva good time.

And you'll have the opportunity to see what a pretty well-run professional sports franchise looks like, in stark contrast to the sh!tshow in Charlotte.

Even when the Canes lose, most everyone goes home knowing they gave it their best. You don't see fights in the arena, cursing the opposing fans in the parking lot, etc.

And, with the exception of a couple teams (NYR and Pens), you don't see Hurricane ticket owners giving their tickets to the visiting team.

I think the closest team to me is the Tampa Bay Lightning. 

I'll try to get around to it eventually!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

I think the closest team to me is the Tampa Bay Lightning. 

I'll try to get around to it eventually!

The Lightning are still a good team to see live. Though they may dip this year with turnover/injury. Hockey is amazing in person, if I could only pick one sport to watch live it would be hockey easily. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

The Lightning are still a good team to see live. Though they may dip this year with turnover/injury. Hockey is amazing in person, if I could only pick one sport to watch live it would be hockey easily. 

The Canes play all three games vs the Lightning before Vasi comes back... Honestly not sure if they are a playoff team with him out that long... They have been very bad without him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

The Canes play all three games vs the Lightning before Vasi comes back... Honestly not sure if they are a playoff team with him out that long... They have been very bad without him.

Plus their massive roster turnover. Sounds like it’s probably Stamkos’s last year there too. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1