• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

Personally, I haven't seen much of what Vick has to offer this season. Other than the blowout Atlanta game, he really hasn't seen much action. No deep throws, very little impressive running/scrambling and certainly no extended snaps at QB in a meaningful game. The Eagles used him at a cut rate price for QB insurance and now they can cash in on their risk if they trade him. He passed the character test this year, but his true potential remains unknown. I doubt the Eagles will give folks much more of a look at his game skills. They will do better in a trade by keeping some things to themselves. No way they keep him next year with the payday he will earn from his contract. I'm thinking Raiders since they have basically flushed Russell.

I dont think its a coincidence that a former defensive player for the Panthers is lobbying for us to bring in Michael Vick. Dan Morgan knows first hand what Vick can do.

I said it before, we're not afraid of Vick sucking, we're afraid of his star power and the national attention he would bring to our franchise. Vick would sell alot of jerseys here and would immediately become 1 of our biggest stars and many Pantherland dont want that. At least if you bring in a guy like Campbell who's mediocre at best, you can easily replace him with a "more marketable" QB in a year or so with not alot of fanfare (see Rodney Peete 2003), and you can quiet the black fans of the Panthers and the NFL like myself who are embarassed by the teams "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to the QB position.

I dont think its a coincidence that a former defensive player for the Panthers is lobbying for us to bring in Michael Vick. Dan Morgan knows first hand what Vick can do.

I said it before, we're not afraid of Vick sucking, we're afraid of his star power and the national attention he would bring to our franchise. Vick would sell alot of jerseys here and would immediately become 1 of our biggest stars and many Pantherland dont want that. At least if you bring in a guy like Campbell who's mediocre at best, you can easily replace him with a "more marketable" QB in a year or so with not alot of fanfare (see Rodney Peete 2003), and you can quiet the black fans of the Panthers and the NFL like myself who are embarassed by the teams "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to the QB position.

God damn it King T.

only a matter of time.

At least if you bring in a guy like Campbell who's mediocre at best, you can easily replace him with a "more marketable" QB in a year or so with not alot of fanfare (see Rodney Peete 2003), and you can quiet the black fans of the Panthers and the NFL like myself who are embarassed by the teams "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to the QB position.

I don't care what color Vick is, I just don't think he is all that great. We could sign Campbell or Mcnabb, and that would be ok with me, but not Vick. Aside from the negative publicity of bringing in a convicted felon, Vick's passing numbers are worse than Jake's even if you add in this year. Sure he can run well, but his completion percentage is terrible, his average yards per pass is lower than Jakes, and he throws about the same ratio of interceptions per pass attempt.

I`d be real interested to hear Dan`s reaction to your belief that Fox, Hurney and Richardson don`t want a black QB as face of the franchise.

I don't care what color Vick is, I just don't think he is all that great. We could sign Campbell or Mcnabb, and that would be ok with me, but not Vick. Aside from the negative publicity of bringing in a convicted felon, Vick's passing numbers are worse than Jake's even if you add in this year. Sure he can run well, but his completion percentage is terrible, his average yards per pass is lower than Jakes, and he throws about the same ratio of interceptions per pass attempt.
apparently if you don't want vick here, you are a racist. you are also afraid of success.

What about his winning percentage? Im sorry guys, our great hope Jake Delhomme set the bar so low this year, that passing up Vick only confirms what Ive been saying, we want a white QB here at all costs and only entertain a black QB if its a short term option while we find that white QB. The Panthers are a conservative organization with a conservative owner in a conservative christian white collar banking town that is entrenched in red tape. Go in any black barbershop or bar in town and bring this topic up and you'll hear exactly what Im saying, it aint just me. The Panthers have worked hard for 15 years to build this reputation they have.

At least if you bring in a guy like Campbell who's mediocre at best, you can easily replace him with a "more marketable" QB in a year or so with not alot of fanfare (see Rodney Peete 2003), and you can quiet the black fans of the Panthers and the NFL like myself who are embarassed by the teams "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to the QB position.

I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.

Active black QBs (thanks to www.bqb-site.com a good site) Charlie Batch, Shane Boyd, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Quinn Gray, Darrell Hackney, Tarvaris Jackson, Cleo Lemon, Donovan McNabb, DJ Shockley, JaMarcus Russell, Brad Smith, Troy Smith, Michael Vick, Seneca Wallace, Anthony Wright or Vince Young.

Archived