• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

I've been a Panther's fan since I found out they were becoming a team in 94. I'd stop watching football if Vick was put on this team, and I'm unsure if I'd ever start again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who follows this team that puts morals above a game.

That seems like a huge risk to take when there's no certainty that he's anywhere near the player he once was, and even more of risk when you realize that he was really nothing more than a gimmick at the position in his prime.

I've been a Panther's fan since I found out they were becoming a team in 94. I'd stop watching football if Vick was put on this team, and I'm unsure if I'd ever start again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who follows this team that puts morals above a game.

That seems like a huge risk to take when there's no certainty that he's anywhere near the player he once was, and even more of risk when you realize that he was really nothing more than a gimmick at the position in his prime.

Good for you. Seriously...for the first time in this whole thread, I don't feel like I'm losing my mind over this actually being discussed.

Ive been a Panther fan since the early 90s and attended the Jets-Redskins game in 91 in Columbia SC that paved the way for us to be awarded a franchise. Im sure theres some Ravens fans out there that dont acknowledge the Super Bowl they won behind defensive MVP/murder suspect Ray Lewis. Im sure their morals & ethics wont allow them to be proud of that accomplishment. :rolleyes: Unlike the Carolina Panthers and their owner, most NFL fans want to win at all cost, they dont watch football for morals & ethics. Thats why Vick's back in the league in the first place.

There will always be an excuse. First it was Vick will never play in the NFL again. Those folks were WRONG. Then it was no team will touch Vick when he's reinstated because of the controversy. WRONG again. Then it was oh Vick & McNabb wont coexist they're gonna fall out. WRONG. Now we believe a 30 year old guy who hadnt taken a hit in 2 years and each week makes more and more plays has fallen off the map skill wise? Yet not only 2 years ago, this team was trying to convince us that a 42 year old strictly pocket passing QB could help this team. So Vick at 30 is done, but Vinny at 42 made sense? When Vick is making big plays for Philly next month IN THE PLAYOFFS and our QBs are at home watching, remember what you said.

THE MOST HATED PLAYER IN THE CAROLINA PANTHER FANBASE IS A BLACK QUARTERBACK. Not just any black QB, the only black QB in league history to come in as a #1 draft pick with "golden boy" hype and to be immediately seen as a "savior". Dudes are gonna resent him for life for that I see. Tisk tisk.

I thought Jake Delhomme was white.

Ask Zod did he ever have to create a whole new forum for people to sh*t on Jake because it was taking away from the board? We had a whole forum dedicated to people venting and airing out all the negative energy their hearts desired towards the evil thug black quarterback. :lol: 1,000s upon 1,000s of posts of people taking glee and pride in seeing a young black man go to jail.

Ask Zod did he ever have to create a whole new forum for people to sh*t on Jake because it was taking away from the board? We had a whole forum dedicated to people venting and airing out all the negative energy their hearts desired towards the evil thug black quarterback. :lol: 1,000s upon 1,000s of posts of people taking glee and pride in seeing a young black man go to jail.

I would be willing to bet that if Drew Brees or Matt Ryan committed a felony, they would probably have to get their own board as well.

I thought he meant Rae Carruth. He is the only Panther anyone should hate.

Fwiw, I don't hate Vick. I might if I were a dog lover, but I don't hate him. I just don't think he would bring us any more success than we have had in the past.

Don't hate him either, but there's loads of reasons, both on-field and off, to not want him as a Panther. The on-field ones are the ones I find more compelling.

If not wanting someone on the Panthers qualifies as hate, then I guess there'a a load of players - both white and black - that I must "hate" :rolleyes:

In reality, it takes a lot more than playing for an opposing team to get me to have feelings that strong about some guy I'll never meet.

Don't hate him either, but there's loads of reasons, both on-field and off, to not want him as a Panther. The on-field ones are the ones I find more compelling.

If not wanting someone on the Panthers qualifies as hate, then I guess there'a a load of players - both white and black - that I must "hate" :rolleyes:

In reality, it takes a lot more than playing for an opposing team to get me to have feelings that strong about some guy I'll never meet.

Same here. I rarely ever use the word hate in sports. For example, I don't hate the Cowboys, but I would love to see them go 0-16 next season. :)

Fwiw, if Jerry Jones committed a felony, the dislike and disgust shown towards him would dwarf anything Michael Vick got.

You guys cant even be real with yourselves. You HATE Michael Vick, find it hard to give him any kind of credit as a player, and doubted him every step of the way since gettin locked up. The reality is, Vick needs you. Without you, he couldnt & wouldnt be doing it right now. When he ran thru that hole in Atlanta a few weeks back and scored that TD, he said his whole life flashed before his eyes. That was the moment. That was when he had come full circle and proved to you guys that he's tough enough to do a 2 year bid, lose everything, and still go out there and perform at a high level. No matter what you guys say, what he's done to even come back and be relevant again this season is AMAZING.

You bring in Vick in here, I guarantee DeAngelo Williams goes to the pro bowl EVERY year, we will have the #1 rushing offense in the league, and Smitty will still be the most dangerous weapon in our offense. The versatility we will be able to have with our playbook would be more exciting than the caveman offense we give our fans now. Our D will play faster and smarter with all the rest they'll be getting behind our offense. Vick has the ability to raise the speed level of your entire team. The guy is phenomenal and will be a starter for somebody in the NFL next year if he stays healthy.

You guys cant even be real with yourselves. You HATE Michael Vick, find it hard to give him any kind of credit as a player, and doubted him every step of the way since gettin locked up. The reality is, Vick needs you. Without you, he couldnt & wouldnt be doing it right now. When he ran thru that hole in Atlanta a few weeks back and scored that TD, he said his whole life flashed before his eyes. That was the moment. That was when he had come full circle and proved to you guys that he's tough enough to do a 2 year bid, lose everything, and still go out there and perform at a high level. No matter what you guys say, what he's done to even come back and be relevant again this season is AMAZING.

You bring in Vick in here, I guarantee DeAngelo Williams goes to the pro bowl EVERY year, we will have the #1 rushing offense in the league, and Smitty will still be the most dangerous weapon in our offense. The versatility we will be able to have with our playbook would be more exciting than the caveman offense we give our fans now. Our D will play faster and smarter with all the rest they'll be getting behind our offense. Vick has the ability to raise the speed level of your entire team. The guy is phenomenal and will be a starter for somebody in the NFL next year if he stays healthy.

The football analysis here is dead wrong. Vick would make us one-dimensional, and with no realistic pass threat teams would shut us down in the run. Add in that there's no way a guy who couldn't see downfield well enough to spot Michael Jenkins could consistently target Steve Smith :nonod:

But I'll tell you what. Since you're interested in honesty, we'll all admit to hating Michael Vick if you'll admit you hate white people :D

Archived