• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Defenders vs Bryce Defenders, maybe a pattern?

RumHam

I was a rabid Cam defender/fan since day 1 from here to the falcons, saints and bucs boards, various other forums, Reddit, and of course, real life.  He’s one of my favorite athletes in any sport, period.  He was a great guy that caught a hell of a lot of undue hate, criticism and outright racism.  He was an extremely great player that got dealt a pretty raw hand and he was always marginalized by the greater NFL fandom.  If you were an objective fan of the Panthers and Cam then you almost had to defend him because it seemed like us against the world in many ways with the way he was always misrepresented and painted.

Bryce seems like a great guy but he’s done absolutely nothing to impress me on the football field so far.  No one really “hates” Bryce like they did Cam, so I don’t really see what there is to defend.  Maybe I’m just starting to get old, but criticism of his on field play is completely justified so far.  Hopefully he develops into a good QB, but if he doesn’t… well… woo boy are we screwed.