• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It honestly blows my mind that you can watch Bryce in the NFL and be willing to die on this hill.

If he has NFL average arm talent he hasn't shown it yet. I welcome him showing it but I'm not gonna sit here and delude myself prior to that occuring.

Nah we are saying he has an average NFL qb arm. The others are saying it's above average or better. 

Well I'm saying it's average. Lol

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It honestly blows my mind that you can watch Bryce in the NFL and be willing to die in this hill.

If he has NFL average arm talent he hasn't shown it yet. I welcome him showing it but I'm not gonna sit here and delude myself prior to that occuring.

Oh, now he doesn't even have "average" NFL arm talent.

Let's keep pretending that Reich isn't limiting Bryce. It fits your convenient narrative, so roll on.

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Nah we are saying he has an average NFL qb arm. The others are saying it's above average or better. 

No, LG has pointedly said this time that Bryce doesn't have an NFL arm. I know that he has intimated it plenty (if not said it before). He knows what he's saying.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, LG has pointedly said this time that Bryce doesn't have an NFL arm. I know that he has intimated it plenty (if not said it before). He knows what he's saying.

Oh well that's silly, he's got an NFL arm it's just average to maybe slightly above average.

I think his anticipation makes his arm look better than it really is. 

He's got an A+ mind and A+ throw anticipation for sure. 

• Pie 1

Oh well that's silly, he's got an NFL arm it's just average to maybe slightly above average.

I think his anticipation makes his arm look better than it really is. 

He's got an A+ mind and A+ throw anticipation for sure. 

I’d argue his arm is average or just a hair below. If you ranked them 1-32 for the starters his is definitely in the bottom half or maybe bottom third. It’s a lot easier to name QBs whose arm is equal or better than it is to name the ones who have a worse arm than Bryce. And again, velocity isn’t everything but you saw tonight two balls for sure that Justin got bailed out on because of the zip he can apply to a throw. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think the other problem is two fold, maybe three fold but all on the same problem if that makes sense. 

1. Reich's system clearly doesn't fit him as a player, but because of Bryce's anticipation that could be ok but

2. Reich is limiting the play calling because of the above or because he doesn't trust him to run his offense. Maybe a combination of the two.  

3. The speed of the NFL has so far limited one of Bryces strong points in his game. Off schedule playmaking. 

So he doesn't look great but it's not his fault for most of the above.  

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’d argue his arm is average or just a hair below. If you ranked them 1-32 for the starters his is definitely in the bottom half or maybe bottom third. It’s a lot easier to name QBs whose arm is equal or better than it is to name the ones who have a worse arm than Bryce. And again, velocity isn’t everything but you saw tonight two balls for sure that Justin got bailed out on because of the zip he can apply to a throw. 

I think his arm is similar to what Watson showed at the combine his draft year. 40ish on normal throws and 45ish when he really slings it. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

I think the other problem is two fold, maybe three fold but all on the same problem if that makes sense. 

1. Reich's system clearly doesn't fit him as a player, but because of Bryce's anticipation that could be ok but

2. Reich is limiting the play calling because of the above or because he doesn't trust him to run his offense. Maybe a combination of the two.  

3. The speed of the NFL has so far limited one of Bryces strong points in his game. Off schedule playmaking. 

So he doesn't look great but it's not his fault for most of the above.  

I think Frank described the kind of QB he wanted and he has a history prototype QB he’s looking for and Stroud fit that perfectly and Tepper wanted Bryce. And now I think Frank is forcing Bryce to run an offense he originally designed for Stroud rather than play to Bryce’s strengths. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Velocity and arm strength aren't the same thing. I'm with Carpanfan, I think that his arm strength is a little above average, and he's probably right about Young's anticipation making his arm talent appear better than it is, but you have to look at the total package (smarts, anticipation, arm elasticity), that's what in theory is the great equalizer. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I think Frank described the kind of QB he wanted and he has a history prototype QB he’s looking for and Stroud fit that perfectly and Tepper wanted Bryce. And now I think Frank is forcing Bryce to run an offense he originally designed for Stroud rather than play to Bryce’s strengths. 

What's weird to me is that no one outside of Thielen, Hubbard, and Hurst fit his system. 

Mingo doesn't.  

Sanders doesn't

The oline doesn't 

The other wr's don't. 

It's so confusing to see them try to bang a round peg into a square hole each week. 

Like did they put this team together for him or for someone else to coach. 😂😂😂

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Like if you told me that Reich was the teams third choice for head coach....

I'd believe you 100%. 

The moves don't match the coach.  

He likely was. I'm not gonna lie...I've stopped listening to his pressers. He's a nice guy, but I can't stand him as a coach. Fitterer is beginning to look like a dog chasing his tail too. I just can't take it.