• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we don't take a WR with our first pick..

unicar15

Much like Jarrett was, Briscoe is my guy this year... We'll likely be eying him pretty hard... The dude will likely be there in the 2nd, and possibly 3rd or 4th... Combine pending...

He has some character issues in his past, but they aren't anything to worry about...

He reminds me of plaxico...but that could be because of there uniforms..lol

But I wonder if the panthers will be a lil gun shy on taking a big WR if his 40 is not that good.

He is way more physical than DJ..and faster than him too.He is raw.

But most of those top 5 guys prob will be gone by the time we pick

You think there are going to be 7 or 8 WRs picked before we pick? I didn't include Dez Bryant, Damian Williams (who I don't want but is highly rated), or Eric Decker because they will most likely be the first 3 taken. I think Tate could be taken in that mix too but I'm just holding out hope for him.

I agree with most of you tho...Ford before the 4th is too early. I like him a lot though and if he was the only WR we took (and we signed one in the offseason) I'd be happy.

The key for 2010 is a free agent though unless we get Tate or Bryant, which is probably a long shot. I think that in our offense those two are the only two who could make an immediate impact. In other offenses...a lot of these guys will make immediate impact. In the Panthers offense under John Fox...not likely for 2010.

You think there are going to be 7 or 8 WRs picked before we pick? I didn't include Dez Bryant, Damian Williams (who I don't want but is highly rated), or Eric Decker because they will most likely be the first 3 taken. I think Tate could be taken in that mix too but I'm just holding out hope for him.

I agree with most of you tho...Ford before the 4th is too early. I like him a lot though and if he was the only WR we took (and we signed one in the offseason) I'd be happy.

The key for 2010 is a free agent though unless we get Tate or Bryant, which is probably a long shot. I think that in our offense those two are the only two who could make an immediate impact. In other offenses...a lot of these guys will make immediate impact. In the Panthers offense under John Fox...not likely for 2010.

who are the 7 or 8 your talking about?I think Tate,Bryant,Benn will be gone I also could see a run on WR in the 2nd round.

There is no way 7 or 8 WRs will be picked before we do in the 2nd round.. that many of any position will not happen.. we will have more options than you guys realize. There will be 3 WRs taken in the 1st round alone... maximum.

Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn, and either Brandon LaFell or Golden Tate will be 1st round picks.

I believe 2 other WRs will be taken before us in the 2nd round (the other being Mardy Gilyard), so we should get the 6th overall WR in the draft. But, this draft is the deepest in a long long time for WRs.

Here are the projected WRs that will be on the board when we pick:

DeMaryius Thomas (WR, Georgia Tech)

Dezmon Briscoe (WR, Kansas)

Danario Alexander (WR, Missouri)

Jacoby Ford (WR, Clemson)

Damian Williams (WR, USC)

Jeremy Williams (WR, Tulane)

Jordan Shipley (WR, Texas)

Oklahoma St WRs are usually a bad investment. Do you guys remember Rashaun Woods? The best WR to ever play at Oklahoma St.. broke all the records there. Also, Adarius Bowman was amazing at OSU but sucked at the NFL level. I don't think there is a single OSU WR that actually panned out.. D'Juan Woods is on the Saints practice squad...

Not saying Dez Bryant will be a bust.. but he is unpolished like those others OSU WRs and he is all potential. I don't think he would be the best option for us.

There is no way 7 or 8 WRs will be picked before we do in the 2nd round.. that many of any position will not happen.. we will have more options than you guys realize. There will be 3 WRs taken in the 1st round alone... maximum.

Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn, and either Brandon LaFell or Golden Tate will be 1st round picks.

I believe 2 other WRs will be taken before us in the 2nd round (the other being Mardy Gilyard), so we should get the 6th overall WR in the draft. But, this draft is the deepest in a long long time for WRs.

who is your 3rd team taking a WR in the 1st.I could see the ravens and bengals?I also could see anquan boldin getting traded to take care of the ravens but IDK.

I also could see us trading up in the 2nd round.

who is your 3rd team taking a WR in the 1st.I could see the ravens and bengals?I also could see anquan boldin getting traded to take care of the ravens but IDK.

I also could see us trading up in the 2nd round.

I believe the Cleveland Browns will take Dez Bryant.

The Ravens and Bengals are the others teams that could use a WR in the first.. but it's possible only 2 of these 3 teams take a WR leaving us with more options.

that list scares me. lots of boom or bust picks, or just average nfl wrs in it.

ford, briscoe, and thomas scream boom or bust to me. just a burner and a good returner (ford), to comments about taking plays off (briscoe), to never running anything other than 4 routes (thomas), they all have issues.

all three have skills to be top flight wrs if they want to. ford has speed you cant teach, the guy could be smitty part #2 if he can be a reliable when you thow him the ball and he can run crisp routes. thomas has the rare blend of size, strength and speed you covet for a wr in a running attack, he is a plex type, big wr that is a endzone monster and can fight off any cb he wants to get off the line. thing with him is can he run anything other than a go route, and can he get seperation when the team isnt loaded up to stop the run? briscoe can be flat unstopable when he wants to be, and at time looks like he will never drop a ball he gets his hands on.

shipley, damian williams, and alexander could be very good, or just average. alexander is the walking wounded, more move the chains type. shipley is another guy thats been on and off the injury reports countless times and screams nice #3 and good returner. damian williams is smooth and could be steve smith at USC or another DJ, idk, he may be the best guy that can come in and produce day 1 though.

dont know enough about jeremy williams to comment.

personally i have my heart set on mccluster later, and a guy like cooper later, but first add a quality FA like floyd or breaston. also would have moose back for 1-2 years to let cooper develop. i think mccluster is going to be a steal as a WR.

Archived