• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Mighty Bobcats

Sapper

The phrase "defense wins championships" is both overused and difficult to prove empirically. But it seems to be true, at least when it comes to the 2009-10 season; the four teams generally considered to be the main threats to win the title (L.A., Boston, Orlando and Cleveland) all rank in the top five in defensive efficiency.

The other top-five defense, you might be surprised to learn, belongs to Charlotte. Yes, the starless, off-the-radar Bobcats. In his second season with the team, Larry Brown has modeled the Bobcats into a poor man's version of his teams in Detroit -- a crew that might not produce a single All-Star but punches far above its weight defensively by eliminating easy shots for opponents

VEry complemntary of the Bobcats defense and LB in particular.

Says we are an "elite" defensive team on par with LA and Boston. Go 'cats.

Sure, defense wins championships. But only if you have Kobe, KG, LeBron or Dwight Howard. The bigger lesson from the Bobcats is that defense can get a club into the playoffs ahead of other squads with far more talent. Charlotte is this season's proof, and its story merits more attention than it has received.

Last paragraph sums it up pretty well.

VEry complemntary of the Bobcats defense and LB in particular.

Says we are an "elite" defensive team on par with LA and Boston. Go 'cats.

The article seemed right to me except when they said twice that there wasnt an allstar on this team.

I think you can make an argument that we have TWO allstars, Jack and Gerald. But most likely Gerald will make it and Jack will have to wait next year. Gerald could have been an Allstar the past year or two as well.

I have to give Larry Brown some f ucking credit.

He has done alot with so little.

At first.. hell even to this day, I consider him a madman but he's changed this team and actually makes them a respectable franchise, considering we have no "Star"

In.Larry.Brown.I.Trust

At first.. hell even to this day, I consider him a madman but he's changed this team and actually makes them a respectable franchise, considering we have no "Star"

In.Larry.Brown.I.Trust

Do you think we have no "star" rico?? I bet a whole lot of teams wished they had pulled the trigger on a trade for Jack. Plus Gerald is becoming a well known national star.

Do you think we have no "star" rico?? I bet a whole lot of teams wished they had pulled the trigger on a trade for Jack. Plus Gerald is becoming a well known national star.

We have a "team" I would still kill for a Kobe, Lebron, or Wade.

But we have the "next" best thing which those above guys minus Kobe wish they had.

Don't get me wrong Gerald's Godly, Jax is also Godly, but having a Star makes the team relevant. sorta

We have a "team" I would still kill for a Kobe, Lebron, or Wade.

But we have the "next" best thing which those above guys minus Kobe wish they had.

Don't get me wrong Gerald's Godly, Jax is also Godly, but having a Star makes the team relevant. sorta

Ok, I see what you mean. I call LBJ and Kobe superstars or elites. Imo there are a handful of players like LBJ, Kobe, DWade, DHoward and KDurant that are head and shoulders above most others.

I think Gerald and Jack are in the 2nd tier of stars in the NBA, so we feel the same but we have different definitions. :cheers2:

In.Larry.Brown.I.Trust

LB is a mad man... a mad man basketball genius.

The fact that the Bobcats are even competitive after the slew of front office mistakes is a testament to LB's coaching ability. How many other teams could:

draft Fatso and then hang onto him for 4 years counting on him to contribute;

draft one of the all-time busts in Morrison;

Shell out big money to EO50 and Matt Carroll;

Hire Ham Biscuit;

Draft Ajinca;

and still be in the playoff race shortly thereafter?

One thing that I think is lost on a lot of fans also is how much the East has improved in the past few years and how much more difficult it is to get the Bobcats to where they are. 35 wins isn't going to cut it this year to get in the playoffs. This Bobcats team would have won 45 games two years ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived