• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky with a message to the Huddle

thebdawg

57 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Well we're just getting bogged down by that outside noise/chatter again.  If you're not able to move past the pre-draft stuff, that's fine, but it's just wholly unproductive...which is why I couldn't care less about discussing stuff from 6+ months ago.  I'm more interested in the current and future state of the Panthers rather than constantly living in the past, which is why my posts revolve around evaluating Bryce on his own merits (because he's our QB) and his prospects for success as a potential franchise QB.  Rather than what so-and-so said before the draft and how other teams' QBs are looking.

I can't help but roll my eyes a little because if the team does something that you agree with, then to the crowd who disagreed with that move, your advice to them is "look, what's done is done.  Move on...no point in arguing about it".  The big examples being the CMC trade and the Burns non-trade last year - you were a big supporter of trading CMC and keeping Burns.  So people who wanted to keep CMC and trade Burns and would complain about it over and over, you'd tell them there's no point in complaining about it ad nauseum.  That Frank I can at least empathize with.  But the other Frank...oh boy...god forbid the Panthers do something he disagrees with, because the rest of us have to hear about it for months and months and months, if not years.  That poor horse is getting beaten to a bloody pulp. 

We've been over the pre-draft stuff but I mentioned it specifically because of Richardson in the context of this conversation whom you brought up. It's perfectly fine if you don't want to wade into those waters again as it's been covered adnauseum I agree.

The Burns non trade discussion centered around being able to use those first rounders and the fact those first rounders were minimum 2 years away. And at the time we had not traded a borderline ransom for an undersized rookie QB. Quality pass rush is still more crucial than a running back 9 times out of 10 for competent teams despite the Panthers being an absolute dumpster fire of mismanagement and Brian Burns now being disgruntled. And I will fully acknowledge McCaffrey is a very talented back. But this team would still be lucky to win 5 or 6 games even with him here. We don't have the 49ers oline or their head coach. There are huge factors that work in his favor in San Fran in terms of his significant production.

Bryce has thrown at least 4 passes that should have been caught as TD's.  He's not perfect, but anyone who thinks he is even among the top 5-8 issues on this team is objectively wrong.

Every single time Bryce starts to get any rhythm whatsoever, there has been a stupid procedural penalty on the offense or a dropped pass.  That's the thing- there is no one culprit for why the offense sucks. 

Almost every offensive player has screwed up.  This points inevitably to coaching being the biggest issue.

I'm a coach.  If you lead your league in penalties, your team lacks discipline.  That's on the coaches first & foremost.

I'm all-in on Bryce. Listen to Nick Saban, Bill O'Brien, Mike McDaniels, Aaron Rodgers... these aren't bullsh*tters, and they all know Bryce has what it takes.  Not a single QB in the league, let alone a rookie, would look good as effed up as this offensive operation is.

I'm not even remotely all-in on Frank Reich and the rest of this coaching staff thus far...