• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 11: As the Harbaugh Continues to Turn

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Never, ever underestimate the UNC defense to completely check out by half time and make a scrub QB look like Mike Vick. if Carolina’s defense just played average - bare minimum- heels are 9-0. 

no intelligent UNC fan is gonna be shocked to see Duke win because the defense just doesn’t care. 

I can't help but find it humorous how both fanbases are absolutely positive that they're going to find a way to lose, lol. You could be right, just can't see Loftis hanging around with Drake Maye. Duke's defense pretty much needs to put on a clinic in spite all the missing parts and the rushing O needs to be clicking for there to a chance. I'd be happy with merely keeping it close considering the circumstances. I think it'd take a monster rushing game from Waters and Moore for Duke to steal one here. UNC's run D against Tech was absolutely pitiful though, so hey, here's hoping.

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, beo said:

I can't help but find it humorous how both fanbases are absolutely positive that they're going to find a way to lose, lol. You could be right, just can't see Loftis hanging around with Drake Maye. Duke's defense pretty much needs to put on a clinic in spite all the missing parts and the rushing O needs to be clicking for there to a chance. I'd be happy with merely keeping it close considering the circumstances. I think it'd take a monster rushing game from Waters and Moore for Duke to steal one here. UNC's run D against Tech was absolutely pitiful though, so hey, here's hoping.

Heels are sitting at 7-2 and the fans/alumni don’t think that’s good enough. UNC is a basketball school but the culture has changed big time since Mack returned….the defense tho has been puzzling and sometimes the worst in the country for what seems like a decade, which is very frustrating considering they have had NFL prospects. Gray, Rucker, maybe Echols, and Murphy are all NFL prospects. Gray gonna get drafted early. 

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Heels are sitting at 7-2 and the fans/alumni don’t think that’s good enough. UNC is a basketball school but the culture has changed big time since Mack returned….the defense tho has been puzzling and sometimes the worst in the country for what seems like a decade, which is very frustrating considering they have had NFL prospects. Gray, Rucker, maybe Echols, and Murphy are all NFL prospects. Gray gonna get drafted early. 

UNC actually has a higher 247 talent composite than Florida State (17/20). I think a lot of y'alls struggles are just player development. Mack's a hell of a recruiter but as a coach I feel he leaves a decent amount to be desired, both in-game and outside of it.

Duke's the exact opposite, ranked 67th on the same metric. Elko's a hell of an in-game coach but he hasn't really had a chance to get his guys in yet far as recruits go. Looking forward to the next few years and hopefully Nina King sees the writing on the wall that in order for Duke to survive in this modern college athletic landscape,  we need a good football program. Elko was extended before the year but as we all know that won't stop TAMU oil money from paying the buyout. With the K Money freed up, I'm hoping the bag gets thrown at him for him to stay long term and I do think there's a better chance of it happening than the greater CFBscape gives credit for. Duke's been investing more into football ever since Cutt came through and gave the program a taste of success.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, beo said:

UNC actually has a higher 247 talent composite than Florida State (17/20). I think a lot of y'alls struggles are just player development. Mack's a hell of a recruiter but as a coach I feel he leaves a decent amount to be desired, both in-game and outside of it.

Duke's the exact opposite, ranked 67th on the same metric. Elko's a hell of an in-game coach but he hasn't really had a chance to get his guys in yet far as recruits go. Looking forward to the next few years and hopefully Nina King sees the writing on the wall that in order for Duke to survive in this modern college athletic landscape,  we need a good football program. Elko was extended before the year but as we all know that won't stop TAMU oil money from paying the buyout. With the K Money freed up, I'm hoping the bag gets thrown at him for him to stay long term and I do think there's a better chance of it happening than the greater CFBscape gives credit for. Duke's been investing more into football ever since Cutt came through and gave the program a taste of success.

Bruh, Elko is GONE. Might as well start coping with that. Duke isn't big enough to compete in football with NIL. They'll probably double down on the hardwood because of it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bruh, Elko is GONE. Might as well start coping with that. Duke isn't big enough to compete in football with NIL. They'll probably double down on the hardwood because of it.

Lmao. You're probably right and I'm just deep in denial because I wanna see a good Duke football team dammit. At the very least though I'm hoping he stays long enough for him to get some recruits in and put together a couple good seasons from here. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1