• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason FA!!

recceice

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Cinci has more 2025 cap space than us. Why would a WR choose Young over Burrow?

He not the only WR out there right?? Why are you so stuck on Higgins and not the other 7 Wr on the list??

And again I explained a reason 3 x already.. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen..

1. Maybe Cincy doesn’t want to put that much money in 1 position group .. They are already paying Burrows and Chase is going to demand top money as well.. Maybe just like the Cowboys they don’t want to pay 2 Wr like number 1 Wr..

2. Maybe Higgins wants to be the number 1 target on his own team.. Wr are called divas for a reason..

3. Other Wr have left better QB to lesser QB before right?? Hill left the best for Tua.. Adam’s left Rodger’s for Las Vegas weird situation and Carr .. Greed and wanting to be the number 1 guy have been motivating before..

Again nobody in this thread said this is a for sure thing but it isn’t impossible either..

5 hours ago, recceice said:

He not the only WR out there right?? Why are you so stuck on Higgins and not the other 7 Wr on the list??

And again I explained a reason 3 x already.. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen..

1. Maybe Cincy doesn’t want to put that much money in 1 position group .. They are already paying Burrows and Chase is going to demand top money as well.. Maybe just like the Cowboys they don’t want to pay 2 Wr like number 1 Wr..

2. Maybe Higgins wants to be the number 1 target on his own team.. Wr are called divas for a reason..

3. Other Wr have left better QB to lesser QB before right?? Hill left the best for Tua.. Adam’s left Rodger’s for Las Vegas weird situation and Carr .. Greed and wanting to be the number 1 guy have been motivating before..

Again nobody in this thread said this is a for sure thing but it isn’t impossible either..

It’s not impossible it’s just highly unlikely we get one of these guys. And it’s basically impossible for us to get two of these guys while also needing to improve the line. I’m not stuck on Higgins and I don’t think I even mentioned him. 

Nothing in our franchises history indicates we will pull one of these guys unless we get a new GM. 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

It’s not impossible it’s just highly unlikely we get one of these guys. And it’s basically impossible for us to get two of these guys while also needing to improve the line. I’m not stuck on Higgins and I don’t think I even mentioned him. 

Nothing in our franchises history indicates we will pull one of these guys unless we get a new GM. 

Agree to disagree.…

1. Highly unlikely?? Why?? Literally every analyst and Panthers beat writer are saying nearly the same thing.. “The Panthers offseason mission is to upgrade around BY”.. This is what they have to do to save the investment…

2. Basically impossible really?? We have seen for years now a team like the Saints.. Making FA moves while being 20, 30, 40 million over the cap.. Now us being 40 mil under the cap (without making cuts or restructuring) is impossible for us to sign upgrades??? please make that make sense…

3. Nothing in Franchise history says we won’t do what?? 
Overpay a FA (Miles Sanders)

Get FA (last year and the last 3 years we targeted and gotten FA)

Get the right FA (yeah you might have a point with this regime) 

But again this is a poverty ridden franchise.. They can get FA they can make FA moves and manufacture cap room to do so.. And they have a history of targeting players and getting those players whether it works or not…

20 minutes ago, recceice said:

Agree to disagree.…

1. Highly unlikely?? Why?? Literally every analyst and Panthers beat writer are saying nearly the same thing.. “The Panthers offseason mission is to upgrade around BY”.. This is what they have to do to save the investment…

2. Basically impossible really?? We have seen for years now a team like the Saints.. Making FA moves while being 20, 30, 40 million over the cap.. Now us being 40 mil under the cap (without making cuts or restructuring) is impossible for us to sign upgrades??? please make that make sense…

3. Nothing in Franchise history says we won’t do what?? 
Overpay a FA (Miles Sanders)

Get FA (last year and the last 3 years we targeted and gotten FA)

Get the right FA (yeah you might have a point with this regime) 

But again this is a poverty ridden franchise.. They can get FA they can make FA moves and manufacture cap room to do so.. And they have a history of targeting players and getting those players whether it works or not…

I’m just in the I’ll believe it when I see it camp. Too often we look at who could be available during the season and before FA hits a chunk of those guys come off the board raising the prices for the others. We haven’t even been able to retain Burns or Luvu yet. We just brought in AT, Chark, Hurst and Sanders this year… we really feel comfortable with this front office assessing who we should pay in this years group? 

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m just in the I’ll believe it when I see it camp. Too often we look at who could be available during the season and before FA hits a chunk of those guys come off the board raising the prices for the others. We haven’t even been able to retain Burns or Luvu yet. We just brought in AT, Chark, Hurst and Sanders this year… we really feel comfortable with this front office assessing who we should pay in this years group? 

I agreed with the “trusting” the FO being a major question mark.. Or a question already answered “we can’t “..

Doesn’t change the fact this poo has to be done and can be done .. With our cap situation the lackluster draft capital and  decision already made.. We have to make moves this way to save the investment in BY.. Plain and simple 

You can’t punt on doing whatever to develop your franchise QB…

Edited by recceice