• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson for HC or bust

jamos14

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think A) is relevant this year.  He will be a HC next season.

And yes, he will have other options.  I only think one potential opening is significantly better than Carolina and that's the Chargers (and maybe Chicago because of draft capital).

This is still an NFL head coaching opportunity.   Plenty of talented coaches will be interested.

4 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I don't think A) is relevant this year.  He will be a HC next season.

And yes, he will have other options.  I only think one potential opening is significantly better than Carolina and that's the Chargers (and maybe Chicago because of draft capital).

This is still an NFL head coaching opportunity.   Plenty of talented coaches will be interested.

I hope so, but I'm not convinced.

Tepper is being ripped all over the place right now, rven by people who are on board with firing Reich.

My gut feeling tells me Ben Johnson to Carolina is nothing more than a pipe dream. I suspect he will be the top candidate for both the Chargers and Chicago that have a hell of a lot more upside and draft capital than we do right now. He either gets his pick of Herbert and that supporting cast of weapons, or the #1 overall pick and his choice of QB in Chicago. That sounds better to me than Bryce Young and an offense devoid of talent with David Tepper looming overhead.