• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why must go into full rebuild!

Lame Duck

What we need to do for quick turnaround.  Trade anyone who worth a damn (except D. Brown) for draft capital.  We must give Bryce Young another chance.  If he fails, we are picking #1 again in 2025 draft and can swing for another franchise QB.  In 2025, we projected to have $150M in cap space.  The Panthers can have a complete turnaround in 1 season but we must blow up the team in 2024 and focus on bringing offensive talent because if Young sucks again, foundation is set for 2025 rookie QB to be successful.  This team is positioned well for a quick rebuild but we need Homer Simpson to do the right thing here and be god damn patient for just 1 season.

• Beer 1

Yes. Give Bryce the chance to compete, nothing more. He has a lot he needs to work on off the field. I agree about the trade situation. They may have to let Burns walk, they can't afford another ugly fight after what already went down with him. I just don't see him signing a tag if he can get it recinded by sitting and do a prove it year that could ramp up his value.

Still need Tepper to take a step back while hiring someone to run the team. In no way is Tepper ready to hire decent people that are put into a situation where they can thrive. That comes first or it's more of the same.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

What we need to do for quick turnaround.  Trade anyone who worth a damn (except D. Brown) for draft capital.  We must give Bryce Young another chance.  If he fails, we are picking #1 again in 2025 draft and can swing for another franchise QB.  In 2025, we projected to have $150M in cap space.  The Panthers can have a complete turnaround in 1 season but we must blow up the team in 2024 and focus on bringing offensive talent because if Young sucks again, foundation is set for 2025 rookie QB to be successful.  This team is positioned well for a quick rebuild but we need Homer Simpson to do the right thing here and be god damn patient for just 1 season.

Problem is that we did it one year too late and we are paying the price. All the we can’t trade Burns folks were wrong. Once Rhule was deemed done, we should have just said we need to suck out so we have a top 3 pick to get a QB. That simple. I would have let Rhule end the season but I would have gutted his team. Tell Fitterer to sell but get a good return.

Trade Moore for pick 15 (GB offered their first). Trade Burns for two firsts and a 2nd. Save a ton of cap on both. After the Sweat and Young trades and 1-16, we may not get poo for Burns. Get a first for CMC or no trade. We were stupid to trade CMC to a struggling 49ers who were supposed to be good. We turned their team around in the process and fuged our picks we got in the trade. Get future picks so we could get their 2024 1st and 2nd not their 2023 2nd and 3rd…

Right now, we’ve got a bare cupboard right now. Maybe Burns can net something but Horn and Brown won’t get  enough to trade them.

• Beer 1

Yep.  I'd have us a fire sale at the end of the year.

Burns is still worth a first.  His talent is undeniable, and a fresh start for him would go a long way to seeing him play to his potential.  You see it all the time where prime pash rushers still get insane value, even in a down year.  You've seen lesser players get more value than a 1st for Burns.

Derrick Brown is the only untouchable IMO.  Dude is a beast.  The rest are fair game, even Bryce if the new regime wants to get their own QB.  

Then, with a new and hopefully better regime, we can restock and rebuild our talent level.  Get a few more draft picks from players like Burns or Luvu (maybe Horn), and reset.

I have no idea what will happen.