• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SAT Night Games?

Pantha-kun

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Was kinda hoping the Steelers would get blown out. Would have love to see if Mike Tomlin became a real option as next HC.

“But he only wins 9 games most years.”

We’d win the South or Wildcard most years with 9 wins.  Ron won it with 7 wins in 2014.

In 9 years, Ron won nine games 3 (!) times and a bunch of horrible years mixed in.  And that was with Cam Newton.

• Pie 4

I also love that the hot topic for the late game is how the Bills offense is suddenly thriving with Joe Brady at OC.

Bills fans are worried a team might poach him this offseason.

The list of players and coaches that “suck” at Carolina and then excel elsewhere is nauseating.  

And I still root for every one of them.

14 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

“But he only wins 9 games most years.”

We’d win the South or Wildcard most years with 9 wins.  Ron won it with 7 wins in 2014.

In 9 years, Ron won nine games 3 (!) times and a bunch of horrible years mixed in.  And that was with Cam Newton.

Or, how “Tomlin can’t keep control of his team”, yet those same ppl wanna still follow the Steelers model lol. They still want Colbert

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I also love that the hot topic for the late game is how the Bills offense is suddenly thriving with Joe Brady at OC.

Bills fans are worried a team might poach him this offseason.

The list of players and coaches that “suck” at Carolina and then excel elsewhere is nauseating.  

And I still root for every one of them.

Some of us realized at the time that Brady was getting scapegoated. I'm honestly surprised it took him this long to get another shot and I'm not surprised he suddenly had Allen and the Bills' offense looking better.

The Panthers have pretty much made the wrong decision at ever given opportunity under David Tepper. 

I said when we fired Brady that if you gave me a chance to invest in Rhule's NFL future or Brady's NFL future I'd go all in on Joe Brady's.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Or, how “Tomlin can’t keep control of his team”, yet those same ppl wanna still follow the Steelers model lol 

He kept control of Antonio Brown.

Something that Bill Belichick, Jon Gruden, Mike Mayock, Bruce Arians, and Tom Brady couldn’t do.

Mike Tomlin is one of the greatest ever.  I don’t love the Steelers but I’d like to see him retire as a Steeler.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of us realized at the time that Brady was getting scapegoated. I'm honestly surprised it took him this long to get another shot and I'm not surprised he suddenly had Allen and the Bills' offense looking better.

The Panthers have pretty much made the wrong decision at ever given opportunity under David Tepper. 

I said when we fired Brady that if you gave me a chance to invest in Rhule's NFL future or Brady's NFL future I'd go all in on Joe Brady's.

It was obvious he was an up and coming talent in a bad situation.  HC on the hot seat, young unproven OC is your first one to go.

He’s gonna be good, we should bring him back before someone else wises up. (He won’t come back to this mess)

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, because I've been here staunchly defending Trubisky at every step.

Oh wait...

You sure have for Howell lol but you do the same post every week and are quiet when that backup QB shows why they are a back up….Dobbs…Browning…etc

i will say this, Bryce has his criticisms but damn dude you have thrown him to the fire Clausen style with the way you talk about him.

Edited by Panthercougar68

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You sure have for Howell lol but you do the same post every week and are quiet when that backup QB shows why they are a back up….Dobbs…Browning…etc

i will say this, Bryce has his criticisms but damn dude you have thrown him to the fire Clausen style with the way you talk about him.

No one not named David Tepper wouldn't trade Bryce Young for Sam Howell straight up right now. One guy has shown NFL level talent, the other hasn't. It's really that simple.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one not named David Tepper wouldn't trade Bryce Young for Sam Howell straight up right now. One guy has shown NFL level talent, the other hasn't. It's really that simple.

That’s like…your opinion man…but what you believe and the rest of the league thinks is not the same. I know you watch Washington games (because of the unc dude) but they have fans throwing him to the wolves and want a new qb too. 

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

That’s like…your opinion man…but what you believe and the rest of the league thinks is not the same. I know you watch Washington games (because of the unc dude) but they have fans throwing him to the wolves and want a new qb too. 

Who has shown more promise and more ability?

It's really that simple.

I'll ride with Howell. But that's not what you tried to say. You tried to insinuate I do this with every UNC player and it's demonstrably false.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who has shown more promise and more ability?

It's really that simple.

I'll ride with Howell. But that's not what you tried to say. You tried to insinuate I do this with every UNC player and it's demonstrably false.

The unc thing is me being petty I will say that but you go down guns a blazing for a 2nd year guy with a decent cast of people vs a rookie on the team you root for that wasn’t even given a chance.