• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 season

23 hours ago, hepcat said:

I miss having good players worth cheering for

This. We had players who had character and personality and you knew they were giving 100% regardless. They would fight till the end and wouldnt give up. We have no character today, no personality and unfortunately I get the impression we have some guys just collecting paychecks and going through the motions. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

This. We had players who had character and personality and you knew they were giving 100% regardless. They would fight till the end and wouldnt give up. We have no character today, no personality and unfortunately I get the impression we have some guys just collecting paychecks and going through the motions. 

Agreed. I can’t think of any players on this team aside from Derrick Brown who would have had a spot on that 2015 team. It’s like they are talking about backing up the brinks truck for Brian Burns and I’m like….why? He disappears for games at a time. Scott Fitterer should be ejected into the sun for not taking that deal from the Rams. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Agreed. I can’t think of any players on this team aside from Derrick Brown who would have had a spot on that 2015 team. It’s like they are talking about backing up the brinks truck for Brian Burns and I’m like….why? He disappears for games at a time. Scott Fitterer should be ejected into the sun for not taking that deal from the Rams. 

I realize its not good to compare but when I compare Brian Burns in my head to some of our former stars, I cant see him beating any of them out for a starting spot. Those guys were true bad asses and game changers. I miss our old school players. They would kick the crap out of our guys of today. Even our QB was an old school cannon armed big bruising truck who would bang heads with the biggest of defenders with no fear. They were all tough and nasty. Our guys today seem so weak, delicate, small, frail and easily thrown off their game mentally with minimal effort put in. Sad to think about how much I miss that old team.

10 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Our greatest season, and also the most fun. My little girl was created during this, and I remember both me and her mama used to watch the games. She even threw me a Super Bowl party that year. Fun fun year. Just sucks we couldn’t close the deal. 

We created our first daughter that season as well. I guess having a great team puts me in the mood. 

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I actually feel 2003 was better, because we were not supposed to win , we came out of nowhere , with a QB who was 3rd string on the Aints behind Aaron Brooks 

2015 was great , but it just doesn't match the magical ride of the cardiac cats of 03, if Kasay just hadn't kicked it out of bounds, but who are we kidding Brady and Welker would have still nickel and dimed us into field goal range

I'm on board with 2003 also because we were one Kasey kick not going out of bounds from a 50/50 coin toss in OT and our offense had scored TDs on three consecutive possessions.... 

SB 38 was tantalizingly close..... SB 50 not so much