• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pete Carroll

t96

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I won't argue those last few years. But can't scoff at a two time Super Bowl champion and both against a despised modern dynasty.

The Seahawks won theirs against one of the worst performing Super Bowl teams I've ever seen.

Either way by the time Pete got this team in good shape he'd be pushing 75. Again. Pointless.

I get the age thing, Pete is not my top choice for that reason. But he should be in consideration when our top choices probably choose better opportunities anyways. Pete could get this franchise back to being respectable and maybe we can groom a future HC under him. Pete looks to me like he could coach until he's 80 with no drop off. Can't say the same about a Belichick, Reid, etc. He's super healthy and energetic and his heart seems very in it. Coughlin looked and acted 80 years old his last year in NY despite being like 6 years younger than Pete is now. I usually think it's a dumb saying but I feel it's appropriate talking about Carroll that age is just a mindset. Getting this team to some sustained success, winning seasons, playoff appearances is not pointless.