• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Craig Carton of FOX Sports: Bryce Young is not an NFL quarterback and never will be

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get the theory about the hair but they actually put a pin through the players hair to get the official measures.  Pictures have different depths and angles but he was measured at "officially" 5'10" and 1/8.  The same as Murray.  Weight can fluctuate so it's easier to cheat with that but height just is what it is.  

It's kind of funny Mahomes was pissed they used the pin because he thought he had an extra inch with his hair.  

“I like to say 6’2 and ¼, you know the hair adds a little bit you know, alright, I was definitely 6’2 exactly at the combine. They went straight through the hair, I gotta have the hair up longer a little bit a little extra length and they just put a little pin straight through and got me.”

but from pictures, numerous pictures, he isnt close to murray thats the confusing part.  If it was one pic then you could argue angle but its not

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am reserved on Canales and Morgan.  I am hoping they have a plan and will implement it and get good players here whether through the draft or free agency.

There is absolutely no benefit of the doubt for either based on who hired them and how it went down

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Not arguing that. The comparison was where they are now. Apples and oranges. 

Pretty sure the argument was size coming into the league.   Both coincidentally enough had background in baseball to couple with football.  Not sure how that effects their athleticism but it clearly does. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but from pictures, numerous pictures, he isnt close to murray thats the confusing part.  If it was one pic then you could argue angle but its not

Trying to argue against official measurements with pictures is not a valid argument.  It sounds like someone just refusing to admit they were wrong.... 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pretty sure the argument was size coming into the league.   Both coincidentally enough had background in baseball to couple with football.  Not sure how that effects their athleticism but it clearly does. 

Then I stand corrected.  My point was that you cannot fairly compare him to someone that has been in the league T&C program years longer than he has. Bama obviously didn't care if their qbs are in shape as evident by the qbs physical appearance coming out.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This was in response to a quote about height....  As Frank said he looked "shorter" which is again about height... 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Then I stand corrected.  My point was that you cannot fairly compare him to someone that has been in the league T&C program years longer than he has. Bama obviously didn't care if their qbs are in shape as evident by the qbs physical appearance coming out.

Look at russ combine picture, the dude was built just different, completely different then young.  Also murray was way thicker and bulkier coming as well

Just now, ForJimmy said:

This was in response to a quote about height....  As Frank said he looked "shorter" which is again about height... 

Keep going.......and I in turn simply said it was indeed "confusing" if you look at pictures.  I never disputed his height just his bullshit 200lbs.  And again at 190lbs.   I mean for fugs sake we are arguing if a nfl starting qb can way 190 lbs.  We are so fuged

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Keep going.......and I in turn simply said it was indeed "confusing" if you look at pictures.  I never disputed his height just his bullshit 200lbs.  And again at 190lbs.   I mean for fugs sake we are arguing if a nfl starting qb can way 190 lbs.  We are so fuged

When someone says he looks "shorter" then references hair and I respond with hair doesn't matter because they use pins and reference Mahomes while stating official measurements overrule pictures.  Then you quote that and reference mutiple pictures that's a height conversation you are interrupting...  5'10" and 1/8 vs 5'10" and 1/8 again would be height.  The weight was pages ago...  I'm the one who can't read though.  Go it.