• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

34 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Nothing weird about actually understanding how the NFL works instead of thinking it is like Madden

Except every elite player that we discuss it's always we can't afford them.

If you like having no name players then don't complain when we have the worst team in football. We traded away all our stars. It's time to start replacing them.

If that's Madden so be it.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you like having no name players then don't complain when we have the worst team in football. We traded away all our stars. It's time to start replacing them.

Teams need elite players. This is a 2 win team that has serious issues at the QB spot right now. We're not a JJ away from contending. We don't even know if this coach/gm combo can build a roster yet. Spending more assets in picks/players to plug a player into a system that we don't know will even work isn't a good idea. This teams has a lot of holes and a lot of not even a JAG players and we don't have a ton of draft capitol to work with. If we were on the precipice of being a serious contender, I'd say go for it. We're not there yet, and pulling in JJ right now isn't going to get us there by itself. Either we embrace the rebuild or we don't. Making a move like this is only going to make it harder to get this team out of the cellar. 

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Facts are difference than feelings - no one said they don't like having elite players - literally no one.  The fact is we cannot afford more than 1-2 elite guys right now because our contracts suck.  All of us want the team on the field to be good and win games - but our current situation doesn't give us a chance for that if we dup 60% of our cap space into 1 guys when we need 10 upgrades.  

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Teams need elite players. This is a 2 win team that has serious issues at the QB spot right now. We're not a JJ away from contending. We don't even know if this coach/gm combo can build a roster yet. Spending more assets in picks/players to plug a player into a system that we don't know will even work isn't a good idea. This teams has a lot of holes and a lot of not even a JAG players and we don't have a ton of draft capitol to work with. If we were on the precipice of being a serious contender, I'd say go for it. We're not there yet, and pulling in JJ right now isn't going to get us there by itself. Either we embrace the rebuild or we don't. Making a move like this is only going to make it harder to get this team out of the cellar. 

Who said we are contending?

We just want some elite players. Who wants to go to a game and watch some no name players. You have to actually have talent on your roster to show improvement.

You guys are stuck in a different era it seems. This is 2024 you need elite players. If you don't want to pay for elite players then accept a bad product.

It's really that simple.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Stingray3030 said:

Facts are difference than feelings - no one said they don't like having elite players - literally no one.  The fact is we cannot afford more than 1-2 elite guys right now because our contracts suck.  All of us want the team on the field to be good and win games - but our current situation doesn't give us a chance for that if we dup 60% of our cap space into 1 guys when we need 10 upgrades.  

Bryce is on a rookie contract. Just shows you how bad our situation is. We are supposed to be splurging adding talent around our rookie QB. Instead we are drafting bad players and spending money on average players. 

But no we can't afford elite talent so let's continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Huddle please wake up!

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bryce is on a rookie contract. Just shows you how bad our situation is. We are supposed to be splurging adding talent around our rookie QB. Instead we are drafting bad players and spending money on average players. 

But no we can't afford elite talent so let's continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Huddle please wake up!

Honestly man - I am seriously trying to help you - take a deep breath and stop responding.  Every response makes you look worse.  You have no clue what you are talking about.  Your first paragraph agrees with us COMPLETELY and you are angrily responding with nonsense.

• Beer 1

For those confused. I'm not saying adding a elite player will make us a contender. I'm saying adding a elite player will help improve our team. When you have a elite talent it makes the guy next to him job much easier.

You add Jefferson he will create a lot of attention. Instead of Thielen getting the double coverage it opens up 1 on 1 matchups maybe Mingo steps up playing with a guy like Jefferson. This is what happens when you bring in a game changing player.

I understand we are nowhere near close to a contender. My point is adding a elite player can't hurt this team. If you think otherwise then we have nothing else to discuss because we just flat out disagree.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Honestly man - I am seriously trying to help you - take a deep breath and stop responding.  Every response makes you look worse.  You have no clue what you are talking about.  Your first paragraph agrees with us COMPLETELY and you are angrily responding with nonsense.

I'm good man. Tell the family I said hi. It's okay to disagree on a message board. 

No I'm not angry. My angry days were over the moment Tepper took control of this franchise. I been laughing at him ever since.

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who said we are contending?

We just want some elite players. Who wants to go to a game and watch some no name players. You have to actually have talent on your roster to show improvement.

You guys are stuck in a different era it seems. This is 2024 you need elite players. If you don't want to pay for elite players then accept a bad product.

It's really that simple.

Why go spend the farm on JJ if you aren't contending? Who gives a poo if he has a 1500 yd 20 TD season and we net 4 wins? I don't. I care about one thing. Winning. 

Here's how you nullify JJ on the Panthers. Double him on every route and watch BY throw a feather ball pick 6 because the offensive line can't block for more than 2 seconds, no one else can get open, and Canales' offense had one of the worst running games in the NFL to take the pressure off.  

35 million and next year's first for that. Well hell. Sign me up today. 

This team isn't a JJ away just like we weren't a BY away. Trade away next year's first for JJ and we can watch Minnesota draft their future QB at 1 because elite players can't win a game by themselves. 

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why go spend the farm on JJ if you aren't contending? Who gives a poo if he has a 1500 yd 20 TD season and we net 4 wins? I don't. I care about one thing. Winning. 

Here's how you nullify JJ on the Panthers. Double him on every route and watch BY throw a feather ball pick 6 because the offensive line can't block for more than 2 seconds, no one else can get open, and Canales' offense had one of the worst running games in the NFL to take the pressure off.  

35 million and next year's first for that. Well hell. Sign me up today. 

This team isn't a JJ away just like we weren't a BY away. Trade away next year's first for JJ and we can watch Minnesota draft their future QB at 1 because elite players can't win a game by themselves. 

Why do you keep talking about a piece away?

It's like you forcing that issue when nobody has mentioned we are a piece away. The goal is to add elite players as you go and hopefully we start drafting better.

• Pie 1

Why do you keep talking about a piece away?

It's like you forcing that issue when nobody has mentioned we are a piece away. The goal is to add elite players as you go and hopefully we start drafting better.

Because this is a move you make to take you over the top or even if you have a moderately decent QB. He's not going to come cheap and we're already strapped on picks from the BY trade. You can't build through the draft if you don't have the picks. So that means you're looking at UDFA rookies, guys that have been cut from other teams, or you have to be the greatest drafter in mid to late rounds ever. And we still have to pay Burns who thinks he's elite, Brown who is elite and Luvu who is above average. 

You're insistent that Bryce is a complete bust and we need another QB. Who's gonna throw the damn ball to JJ? Red Rocket for 3 games until he's hurt? Can't draft another high end QB because we don't have the picks to do it. Better hope you can land a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott in the 3rd because we won't have a 1st or 2nd next year and possibly the year after. 

Rookie GM

Rookie HC 

New offensive system

Terrible owner

following one of the worst seasons statistical seasons for a rookie QB ever

who needs to be the unicorn of unicorns to be successful

No 1st or 2nd draft picks likely for at least 2 years, maybe 3. 

1 of your remaining 5 draft picks per year likely to actually contribute based on odds

with a team built mainly from UDFA and guys no one else wants because your cash strapped with "elite" level contracts

That's not how you build a successful franchise. That's how you end up 0-17 praying to start a rebuild in 3 years if you can find a coach who wants to come to the dumpster fire. 

21 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because this is a move you make to take you over the top or even if you have a moderately decent QB. He's not going to come cheap and we're already strapped on picks from the BY trade. You can't build through the draft if you don't have the picks. So that means you're looking at UDFA rookies, guys that have been cut from other teams, or you have to be the greatest drafter in mid to late rounds ever. And we still have to pay Burns who thinks he's elite, Brown who is elite and Luvu who is above average. 

You're insistent that Bryce is a complete bust and we need another QB. Who's gonna throw the damn ball to JJ? Red Rocket for 3 games until he's hurt? Can't draft another high end QB because we don't have the picks to do it. Better hope you can land a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott in the 3rd because we won't have a 1st or 2nd next year and possibly the year after. 

Rookie GM

Rookie HC 

New offensive system

Terrible owner

following one of the worst seasons statistical seasons for a rookie QB ever

who needs to be the unicorn of unicorns to be successful

No 1st or 2nd draft picks likely for at least 2 years, maybe 3. 

1 of your remaining 5 draft picks per year likely to actually contribute based on odds

with a team built mainly from UDFA and guys no one else wants because your cash strapped with "elite" level contracts

That's not how you build a successful franchise. That's how you end up 0-17 praying to start a rebuild in 3 years if you can find a coach who wants to come to the dumpster fire. 

So you think only contending teams should add elite players?

Everyone else should just sit back and just draft players. That makes no sense.

So you think only contending teams should add elite players?

Everyone else should just sit back and just draft players. That makes no sense.

No. I think you add elite players at the right time. The situation the Panthers are in currently makes what the Panthers would have to give up and pay for Jefferson a bad time to do it. Whether or not he's elite, the Panthers just traded for an elite level QB. We're not in a position to double down trading for an elite WR because we have so many holes all over the place. If this was a 11-6 or even 10-7 with some good talent on rookie contracts, I'd be all over it. We don't have those things. We are a 2-15 team and overspending on a trade for an elite WR isn't going to change that. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

No. I think you add elite players at the right time. The situation the Panthers are in currently makes what the Panthers would have to give up and pay for Jefferson a bad time to do it. Whether or not he's elite, the Panthers just traded for an elite level QB. We're not in a position to double down trading for an elite WR because we have so many holes all over the place. If this was a 11-6 or even 10-7 with some good talent on rookie contracts, I'd be all over it. We don't have those things. We are a 2-15 team and overspending on a trade for an elite WR isn't going to change that. 

We are a year removed from trading a bunch of assets for the #1 overall pick. If they believe Bryce Young is the future, then it is absolutely the right move to pay big for arguably the best WR in football.

Why else do you trade up for a QB?