• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers prioritizing OG in free agency

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

there's this part of me that isn't really loving the CBs, mainly because the WRs have been so great. Is it partly because the CBs in college haven't been that good? 

i find myself just avoiding CBs unless it's late in the draft. 

OL looks good in this class, but i really don't want to miss out on offensive play makers. we need them badly. if anything i want to overload in that direction.

I get that about the CBs--I just think we had a need and I like the quality that should be there in the middle.  I think there are a large number of CBs who will make a roster--not seeing to many Revis Islands.  I would be fine re-signing S Griffin and maybe a nickel late. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Thank God. I've been saying we need to sign the best OG we can and move Brady Christensen to the bench. He'd be great depth as a solid player who can play guard or tackle on either side of the OL.

LT: Ickey, Christensen
LG: FA, Christensen
OC: Bozeman (Jackson Powers-Johnson would be GREAT here...)
RG: Corbett, Christensen
RT: Moton, Christensen

BC could backup every position--I was thinking we gave him some snaps at C as a rookie, but I might be wrong.  He is athletic, smart, and most NFL teams covet the swing tackles.  I think we are going to sign a G free agent and draft a T--maybe with #65

10 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

North Andover's Zak Zinter A 2nd-Team Academic All-America At Michigan

draft zak zinter 33 overall...profit

He was probably an early second rounder before the injury--however, I am thinking he could go late second early third.  I would love him--but these hogs with lower body injuries lose luster until they have proven they can return to form

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i wouldn't mind avoiding all IOL this draft. 

Me as well.  I tend to mock one late anyway, but honestly, we have depth now that needs further developing.  See what we have with Zavala, Mayes Jensen and DiRenzo before kicking the tires on another long term project.  I mean, in theory, BC still has to get beat out for his job.  He got replaced due to injury.  I think we draft for skill positions and go FA in the trenches.  If we sign a solid LG in FA, we have the depth for the IOL, they simply need to be heavily coached up.