• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers Intentions...

Hotsauce

I believe Pep will sign a contract after the season is over. If he really wanted out of Charlotte then I would think we'd know that by now. The Panthers originally drafted him and we have one of the best and classiest organizations in the NFL. He has deep roots here and is well liked in the community. It's really an ideal fit and I hope he remembers that when he finally makes a decision.

One comment about money - while it's true that it seems obscene the amount of money these guys make however you have to keep in mind that the NFL is an extreme sport and most of these guys will only be in their prime for a few years and they MUST capitalize on large contracts ASAP - cause you never know when that one hit will end their career and the contracts disappear. What are these guys going to do when their football careers are over? Sure some go on to commentate, or a few will start successful businesses however lots of them only know football and don't have the skills to compete outside the football field.

Look at Pep - I don't see him commentating on TV after football like Strahan did. He's quiet and shy and likes to stay out of the limelight. I have no idea if he has any business sense but I don't blame him for wanting as much as possible because let's face it - he's at his prime and this next contract will probably be his best one and it's downhill after that.

Let's hope Pep isn't as greedy and breaks out heart over a couple million on a huge contract (anyone remember Alonzo Mourning? I stopped watch NBA after that and never came back to that sport. What's the difference between 110M and 114M?). I'll be watching closely to see how all this pans out.

GO PANTHERS!!

Archived