• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you have faith in Dwayne Jarrett's ability to step up next season?

SmootsDaddy89

I'd love to see him do well, but even in his 3rd, THIRD year he still can't figure out how to get separation. People say well he did well and got that TD at the end of the season, I'll take that and respond with "Even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

If they cut him, I wouldn't really care as I don't see much potential in him. There are undrafted free agents that can NOT get separation and catch a football. The only upside to him at the moment is he is dirt cheap, so it's not going to hurt giving him a try in training camp.

Second stringers or no, I don't think it's pure coincidence that the only game he's had with Matt Moore at QB was also the only game in which he's done ANYTHING of significance since we drafted him.

Truth be told, I'm far less optimistic than I appear in this thread, but I do think the people completely writing him off are being too harsh at this point.

The FACT is this, it is impossible to fully evaluate a receiver of any sort while being thrown to by the worst starting QB in the entire league. Even Smith couldn't do much, even if a couple were on him. I still remain neutral on Jarrett he is too young added to the circumstances it is just too hard to tell.

Whatever the case I really want Tate on other side of Smitty.

Second stringers or no, I don't think it's pure coincidence that the only game he's had with Matt Moore at QB was also the only game in which he's done ANYTHING of significance since we drafted him.

Truth be told, I'm far less optimistic than I appear in this thread, but I do think the people completely writing him off are being too harsh at this point.

He got a little time with Matt in the Patriots game. Remember? When Dewayne Jarrett and Wes Welker combined to defeat us?

It's been said by many that he can't get separation and I tend to agree with them. Even in the few times he got receptions, he gets tackled immediately. That tells me two things:

1. He's slow so he can't get away from anyone.

2. His routes suck so he can't shed someone off or at least use his body size to put himself between the ball and the defender.

What I will say, however, is that his hands are better than Colbert and Carter. In that case, his flaws may not matter as much if he can be draped by a defender but can catch the ball high.

80/20 chance he's gone after next season.

Archived