• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some actual good news

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

I watch a lot of College ball, especially the later games. So yeah I’ve seen him play and he damn sure isn’t a #2 pick. Heck of talent but let’s be for real…. Not to mention Prime will use him up playing both ways.

He's a elite 2 way players. That in itself is enough to go #2.

The kid could legit be a top DB or WR in the country. 

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

No team is giving a 2025 second and 2026 first for him if this was the best offer we got... Not sure what planet you live on.

Maybe a team would have given us a 2025 first for him, but if that team was like the Lions, you are talking about a pick that would have been very late in the first round likely. I don't see a team that was bad this year giving up a first rounder next year instead of a second rounder this year if they assume they will be a mediocre at best team next year.

I'm talking about exactly a team like the Lions, think I even said in my post that it would be someone who thinks they're a contender who would make a trade like this.

I also think it almost would be more likely to get a team to do a 2025 2nd and 2026 1st than a 2025 1st.  We might have to throw in like a 4th or 5th to help make it happen, which I'd be fine with.  That would be more for a team like the Texans, someone who thinks they can contend but still may be another year away, that way they keep their 1st next year and figure the 1st in 2026 should be at the end of the draft.

To me, that would have represented them acknowledging this is a full rebuild and that they were going about it the right way, accumulate the right assets, not just the immediate ones.

I think this was the best deal we got because it was the team willing to give the most money to Burns so he told the Panthers that right now, it was their only option.  That's why I made the thread about the worst part of this is we'd have gotten a better return if Morgan hadn't given in so fast.  

Burns wasn't playing here on the tag and I think he was just done here no matter what.  He'd have taken less money from a contender who would be willing to do a deal like that.  We held all the cards and we let Burns dictate how the hand played out.