• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Fuller to sign with Panthers

jfra78

58 minutes ago, top dawg said:

In fairness, y'all are driving me crazy. 

Some were skeptical of retaining Morgan and giving him a promotion. That was a rational approach, though one that always has the possibility of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

Some just want to criticize Morgan for trading Burns for a second and a 2025 5th, but unless they believe he's an abject idiot, even they should have the sense to know that he has did his research and made the best deal that he could. He inherited that problem.

At this point, it is beyond obvious that a damned dominant franchise isn't going to be built in a day. When you're at the bottom of the barrel, that should be even more evident. That means it's going to take more time to turn things around. Be patient!

You are talking much too sensible for some people here unfortunately. Everything you said makes complete sense so there are a few of us who feel the same way it seems.

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Probably why we're seeing a lot of short term prove it type deals

That, and the fact that we don't have the cap to do more. If you want to be here, you have to wait until next year when the cap is in better shape and/or prove it on the field.

It's a great strategy for a team that is in the process of rebuilding. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think that we would even be this far, even on paper, in regards to even looking like a competitive team in 2024. We'll see how the draft goes. But so far, what Morgan is doing has been somewhat impressive. Of course the the rubber hits the road once the season starts, but anyone who is realistic ain't expecting 180 degrees in the other direction. It's all about incremental steps. One of these steps is dealing with the elephant in the room.

Bryce was going to get another shot, and, even though I hate to admit it, he deserves another shot. It's just fair and makes the most sense from a fiscal and organizational perspective, and I can't blame Morgan or Canales for giving him one. Morgan also inherited Bryce. The issue came with the job. If Bryce doesn't work out or at least show viable signs of life, there will be a plan in place to move on sooner rather than later. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 4