• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales sat next to Andy Reid, and wants to emulate his ability to adapt

Regarding the article itself:

Canales is saying all the right things but I've been burned before.

The things he's saying seem to be more directed and intentional than the BS coach speak we've heard in the past from guys like Rhule.

"We need to be tougher than the other team", "I want to play fast and hard", "We will have a brand", that kinda bullshit.

Canales talks about building relationships with the players before he talks scheme, he uses the term "emotional currency", which is honestly some therapist poo I would not have expected to hear from a coach, but he comes from Pete Carroll so that tracks. It's not a bad outlook to have.

It's easier to coach players that know you aren't being critical just to be a dick, they're doing it constructively. Rhule lorded over the players acting like he was god. Frank preached at the players with no accountability behind his words.

Canales seems like the kind of guy who talks to and with the guys on the team.

So I like that psychological side of things, he seems to have the personality to be a HC. I hope he has the mind and competency for scheme and purpose behind what the team builds offensively.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1