• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Roar Podcast with John Ellis is back

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The issue is literally his size and strength, which he apparently can't improve upon first glimpses of him showing up to voluntary workouts. They can try to fix his footwork but as soon as there are 5 6'5" guys in his face that's gonna be out the window and he'll revert back to what got him to this level in the first place which worked in college but did not last year facing grown men

I see it too, don't get me wrong.  My thing is, "how can we fix it?"  Give him time, protection, and weapons.  If not, he is out.  If Morgan and the new coaches did not think they could develop him as is, they would not want to inherit Fitterer's mistakes.  The only thing that worries me--is Tepper involved in this?  Did he hire Canales on the condition that he could fix his mistake, which is why Canales was hired?  If not, I trust that Morgan and Canales have some ideas.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean comparing him to brees will never get old..........

The comparison is to a player at the same position with the same criticism (QB, hopping).  It is how New Orleans built the program around a shorter QB.  Gold Jacket.

Cannot think of a more appropriate comparison.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see it too, don't get me wrong.  My thing is, "how can we fix it?"  Give him time, protection, and weapons.  If not, he is out.  If Morgan and the new coaches did not think they could develop him as is, they would not want to inherit Fitterer's mistakes.  The only thing that worries me--is Tepper involved in this?  Did he hire Canales on the condition that he could fix his mistake, which is why Canales was hired?  If not, I trust that Morgan and Canales have some ideas.

Morgan was never getting hired if he went negative against bryce especially if he was on the young train pre draft.  Morgan did and said what he had to for the job.  Probably in his mind he has one re-do at qb if young isnt it.  Very few gms make it past 2 qbs

Bryce Young is smaller than Johnny Football and people are still out here making comparisons to hall of famers.

How about we start small (no pun intended) and let this guy actually show any level of an NFL deep ball in his second season as a pro?

Sound good? Awesome.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

The comparison is to a player at the same position with the same criticism (QB, hopping).  It is how New Orleans built the program around a shorter QB.  Gold Jacket.

Doug Flutie if he has the determination lol. At least Doug had some fire to his game

If you say so, but A) brees is the most accurate qb in nfl history (so its wild to compare young to that) and B) it took Brees 4 years and then HOF level coach to really get going.

situations just arent the same

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bryce Young is smaller than Johnny Football and people are still out here making comparisons to hall of famers.

How about we start small (no pun intended) and let this guy actually show any level of an NFL deep ball in his second season as a pro?

Sound good? Awesome.

The luke (welcome to the nfl) play on Johnny football will never get old

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Ignore the hair look at the eye levelFngPzoUXEAEngqT.thumb.jpeg.a30949bf3ea00803681ccee26db26d3f.jpeg

Bryce is short.  I knew that going in.  Answer this question and I will let you all claim victory.  If you are so certain that Bryce is going to fail, why would a new coach and GM not cut him right away?  They have no ties to him.  Why would they simply not make Andy the starter?  Are they stupid?  If you can answer that question without creating some hyperbolic assumption presented as fact, you will convince me.  Yes, Bryce is short.  Got it.  What is the difference between two inches when it is six feet vs 6' 5" or 5'10" vs. 6' 5"?  I just refuse to throw players and coaches under the bus until they have had a chance to do what they say.  I also respect their expertise. However, if you knew in your heart that Young is not going to cut it, you cut him immediately.  Play Andy and draft Nix or even Rattler.  They could do that, but I doubt it.  So you are a new GM or a new coach and Bryce is your QB.  What do you do the minute you take over and why didn't Canales and Morgan?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you say so, but A) brees is the most accurate qb in nfl history (so its wild to compare young to that) and B) it took Brees 4 years and then HOF level coach to really get going.

situations just arent the same

Yeah the Saints invested $10m in Brees as a gamble that paid off, if it didn't they could have easily moved on. We gambled a whole bunch more on a completely unproven smaller guy that was pretty good at one of the best schools in college. He couldn't even get his team to the playoffs last year, and before people blame his supporting cast, Cam won a natty at Auburn with nothing

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sound good? Awesome.

That is intentionally misleading, but if it makes you feel right, ok.  The problem attributed to Young was a problem attributed to another short QB.  How did the team overcome that issue and get him to the hall of fame?  They paid guards.  Now, that is what Morgan did. 

That is the comparison.  It suggests that the GM and head Coach are going to do the same thing here.  That is what was stated.  Are you claiming to know more than the GM and Head Coach?   That is a yes or no question. 

Edited by MHS831

That is intentionally misleading, but if it makes you feel right, ok.  The problem attributed to Young was a problem attributed to another short QB.  How did the team overcome that issue and get him to the hall of fame?  They paid guards.  Now, that is what Morgan did. 

That is the comparison.  It suggests that the GM and head Coach are going to do the same thing here.  That is what was stated.  Are you claiming to know more than the GM and Head Coach?   That is a yes or no question. 

In regards to young or stroud.  Yes.  I absolutely know more then either if young is still their choice