• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young #34 on Chris Simms' top 40 list

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

in terms of overall wins per team they are pretty damn accurate

Where do they have us? 5.5? I think we both agree 6 wins could be a win if our offense looks serviceable. 

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Where do they have us? 5.5? I think we both agree 6 wins could be a win if our offense looks serviceable. 

Pats 4.5

I think we were at 4.5 before the draft so theres that.

If our offense is top 15ish and 6 wins is the total then thats hard to complain about.   I think our defense may be one of the worst in the league.  So if our offense doesnt improve mightily then it could get ugly as hell. 

Losing games by something like 35-32 is fine as long as we are scoring.  Losing 35-10 would be disastrous and I am not sure how you would fix that outside of nuking it again

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pats 4.5

I think we were at 4.5 before the draft so theres that.

If our offense is top 15ish and 6 wins is the total then thats hard to complain about.   I think our defense may be one of the worst in the league.  So if our offense doesnt improve mightily then it could get ugly as hell. 

Losing games by something like 35-32 is fine as long as we are scoring.  Losing 35-10 would be disastrous and I am not sure how you would fix that outside of nuking it again

Just curious why are you so down on the defense? I think they should be slightly better than last year which was nothing special but not awful. I’m assuming we still sign a vet CB before it’s all said and done…

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Just curious why are you so down on the defense? I think they should be slightly better than last year which was nothing special but not awful. I’m assuming we still sign a vet CB before it’s all said and done…

zero depth, minimal pass rush,  horrible linebackers, no #2 corner and Horn is horn

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

zero depth, minimal pass rush,  horrible linebackers, no #2 corner and Horn is horn

Well you have year 2 of the new scheme so several players should be more comfortable.  

Vs last year

DL we added Robinson to play DE giving Brown a solid presence on the other side, plus he is familiar with Evero (I don't like Shy at NT but he was there last year too) 

LB- Clowney and Wonnum are more complete/probably better than Burns and YGM, Jewell and Shaq are better than Luvu and whatever random guy from the streets we had playing last and again Jewell is familiar with Evero

CB- This is a big red flag but vs last year we kept Hill at slot, we lost Henderson and replaced him with Jackson which seems like a wash to me.  If we can sign Gilly I will consider this upgraded but as of now it's a weakness and a wash

Safety- Fuller replaces Bell as an upgrade who is also familiar with Evero.  I think we signed another vet in Scott as depth

Depth is still an issue no doubt but it looks slightly better on paper than last year IMO...

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well you have year 2 of the new scheme so several players should be more comfortable.  

Vs last year

DL we added Robinson to play DE giving Brown a solid presence on the other side, plus he is familiar with Evero (I don't like Shy at NT but he was there last year too) 

LB- Clowney and Wonnum are more complete/probably better than Burns and YGM, Jewell and Shaq are better than Luvu and whatever random guy from the streets we had playing last and again Jewell is familiar with Evero

CB- This is a big red flag but vs last year we kept Hill at slot, we lost Henderson and replaced him with Jackson which seems like a wash to me.  If we can sign Gilly I will consider this upgraded but as of now it's a weakness and a wash

Safety- Fuller replaces Bell as an upgrade who is also familiar with Evero.  I think we signed another vet in Scott as depth

Depth is still an issue no doubt but it looks slightly better on paper than last year IMO...

I mean best case scenario is horn plays 15ish games, brown and clowney replicate last years stats, we sign gilmore and he reverts back to form after his injury but even then we still lack pass rush and our linebackers are dogshit.  And thats best case.  If horn goes down and if clowney starts showing his age then it could get ugly.  We are going to miss the tenacity of luvu.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean best case scenario is horn plays 15ish games, brown and clowney replicate last years stats, we sign gilmore and he reverts back to form after his injury but even then we still lack pass rush and our linebackers are dogshit.  And thats best case.  If horn goes down and if clowney starts showing his age then it could get ugly.  We are going to miss the tenacity of luvu.

Oh it's nothing elite, but we played without Horn last year.  Gilly playing at 80% is better than any CB2 we have had in a moment.  Luvu was fun, but he was out of position in Evero's defense.  Jewell is a tackling machine and has had over 100 in 3 of his last 4 with his highest being at Denver with Evero.  Pass Rushing and CBs are strong red flags but they also were last year.  On paper it's the same or maybe slightly better than last year and Evero had them keeping us in some games.  Hell our 2 wins were due to the defense and the kicking game.

Posted (edited)

I don’t feel horrible about the D. Mainly because I like Evero and the why is I think he can do more with less. And he got a couple of more guys he knows.

Like Wilks back when he was a DB coach. They gave him poo to work with some years but he got something out of them. 

Pass rush... yeah that may be a weakness.  I think the run D will be decent. 

Someone tell me how we are going to average even 16 points of offense.

oh wow, we scored 20 TDs on offense in 17 games. That’s without defensive or special teams scores. Yeah boy.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1