• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst divisional matchup in primetime?

GRWatcher

You people are freakin' ridiculous.

First, it is not the game a TV network would want in the primetime slot. The NYG-PHI game pits two rivals with a long history. PITT-SD includes one team with a huge following against another that has won five straight. TEN-BAL has two of the best defenses in the league. There are more intriguing games to those outside the Panthers or Cardinals fanbase.

Second, Carolina's past performance in "big, prime time" games has absolutely no bearing on this game. Who cares that they performed in 2003, which was 5 years ago. The TV execs and the NFL certainly didn't make the decision based on that.

Some of you need to get over your "No one gives the Panthers any respect" complex. That has absolutely nothing to do with the team or the game. Really? What does whining about it do?

I hope the Panthers are not buying all this BS. I look for Warner to chop off a bunch of first downs with his quick short passes. Those are hard for any team to defend against. It'll be no cake walk. We know the Panthers are capable, but don't look for no gimmy! This will be another classic cardiac game.

i can tell you who the panthers play every season for the next 10 years

I'd love to see you do this, as the NFL hasn't agreed to keep the current schedule format beyond the 2009 season, and could possibly be adding a 17th (or 18th?!??!) game to the season (pulling one of the pre-season games).

We just gotta wait for the post-season owners' meeting to see what the vote is.

and could possibly be adding a 17th (or 18th?!??!) game to the season (pulling one of the pre-season games).

We just gotta wait for the post-season owners' meeting to see what the vote is.

I really hope they don't do this, 16 games is enough, teams are beat to hell by the end of the year as it is.

What they should do is make two of the pre-season games exhibitions at alternate venues (like a local college). It's a crock to make season ticket holders pay full price for two meaningless games. I also hope they expand the game day roster.

Don't worry, when DWill rushes for 205 yards and 3TDs in the superbowl, next year everyone will want to watch the team with the best RB in the league.

Yes, I really like the way you think! D-Will has an MVP and Pro Bowl snub to make up for, and I think a nice SB ring will do nicely!

:iagree: :cheers2: :party: :drool5: :lurk5:

Choke on it national media and national audience. Our boys deserve to be on the big stage.

If the networks and media had there way, the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL matchups would be New York, Boston, and LA at all times. Just look at ESPN.

Screw them bastards.

ya mean the Vikings......if Minny had beaten the Eags, the Vikes would be playing here on Saturday; if Eags beat New York next week (and we win) then the Eags come here for the NFC championship game.

Technically you are right... we can't play the Eagles. I meant it more in a sarcastic way, like, Eagles & Cardinals were the two teams to get to the second round and I'm glad we got stuck with the Cardinals over the Eagles. That's all.

Normal fail of a sports column. The successful sports writers find the positive in the worst game. Take Vitale and Madden as examples. They might get on your nerves every once in a while, but they always take a positive spin on something on the worst games and their longevitity and success is the result.

Besides, its Smitty vs. Fitzgerald, whats wrong with that?

--Just a tad better than Reggie Brown vs. Amani Toomer or Justin Gage vs. Santonio Holmes

Archived