• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect the unexpected...

NanceUSMC

I respectfully disagree..... I hope The Big cat does not let us trade next year’s first again. At some point in time you have to stop and deal with it... with this draft being deep. This is the year to stay put!! Since the draft is deep there is no need to move up into the first when we can get plenty value in the Middle rounds this year!!!

Also as I have said before... Moore is still a question mark. This will be his first full season in control. I believe that he will succeed, but if he fails we will need that first next year to draft a franchise QB... also more than likely fox will be gone if he fails and the new coaching staff will want the top-10 first round pick to start the new direction of the team!!!

We have to look at the big picture and not get caught up with who we want now!!!

what do you disagree with? that the panthers are much more than likely going to trade up and get two for the price of one first rounder or that it isn't that big of a deal?

if the draft is deep....why wouldn't you want as many picks as you can get? there have been so many people talking about how good of a class this is, esp. for WR, DE, and DT why not get more picks?

we don't know what the quality of next years class is going to be but we know what is here this year. take advantage of this year and trade back into the first next year.

we'll be getting a good number of comp picks more than likely, we won't be able to trade them but there will be other picks to trade.

why do we have to stop trading the next years pick? i don't understand why you HAVE to do that at some point.

When we traded our first last year, we were coming off a great season. This year, not so much, and we parted ways with A LOT of players. Gotta believe teams see our first next year as being worth more than this time last year.

we probably could get a lot of value for it. if teams are thinking that our first round pick will be a top 10 they will likely be willing to give a good bit up for it.

what do you disagree with? that the panthers are much more than likely going to trade up and get two for the price of one first rounder or that it isn't that big of a deal?

if the draft is deep....why wouldn't you want as many picks as you can get? there have been so many people talking about how good of a class this is, esp. for WR, DE, and DT why not get more picks?

we don't know what the quality of next years class is going to be but we know what is here this year. take advantage of this year and trade back into the first next year.

we'll be getting a good number of comp picks more than likely, we won't be able to trade them but there will be other picks to trade.

why do we have to stop trading the next years pick? i don't understand why you HAVE to do that at some point.

That it isn't that big of a deal....

I do not mind trading our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever next year for more picks this season... But not our first.

Honestly... our team is much more of a question mark this year. In other words I would not be surprised if we won, or finished at the bottom of our division next year. A lot is up too Moore. Teams will game plan for him this year and he will either step up or Fail... We don't know!! The point is if he fails then we will need that top 10 draft pick next year to be in a position to draft a franchise QB...

I do not believe a top 10 pick next year is equal to a 2nd rounder this year. I do believe it is a possibility for that pick to be top 10....

Just think back to when we had our slow start this year how this board was going APE poo over giving up a potential top 5-10 pick to SAN FRAN!!!

I am just thinking long term with so many questions on our team, and needing a lot of young players to step up I do not believe it is okay to lose a potential top pick next season!!

That is why I disagree that it is not okay.... It's fine if you feel differently.

problem is, this years draft is valuable, we won't get the kind of value we previously have for next years pick.

That's why I'm thinking early second, and that may be all we get. One of those rebuilding teams is going to be desperate enough to stock up on first rounders next year, even with a weak draft class.

That it isn't that big of a deal....

I do not mind trading our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever next year for more picks this season... But not our first.

Honestly... our team is much more of a question mark this year. In other words I would not be surprised if we won, or finished at the bottom of our division next year. A lot is up too Moore. Teams will game plan for him this year and he will either step up or Fail... We don't know!! The point is if he fails then we will need that top 10 draft pick next year to be in a position to draft a franchise QB...

I do not believe a top 10 pick next year is equal to a 2nd rounder this year. I do believe it is a possibility for that pick to be top 10....

Just think back to when we had our slow start this year how this board was going APE poo over giving up a potential top 5-10 pick to SAN FRAN!!!

I am just thinking long term with so many questions on our team, and needing a lot of young players to step up I do not believe it is okay to lose a potential top pick next season!!

That is why I disagree that it is not okay.... It's fine if you feel differently.

I agree.

I hope JR puts his foot down like I think he has been doing this offseason.

JR is actually probably the biggest reason we're going to do this. He doesn't want to have to pay a potentially high first-round draft pick to not do anything next year.

The players would not get paid if there is a lockout...

If there in a new CBA agreement there will more than likely be a rookie cap in place for the early 1st round picks. So it would actually be value compared to what the Rams are about to pay Bradford.

Archived