• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re-doing the Panthers 2010 Draft

jramsey4

Well its over our 2010 draft has come to a close. Personally I hate our draft. So I thought it would be fun to let everyone redo our Draft.

You are the Panthers FO. You have to pick players that were available at the picks when we picked. You can either use the trades or do away with them but to keep things simple no new trading.

2nd 48:

Jimmy Clausen QB

To much value to pass

3rd 78:

Andre Roberts WR Citadel

4th 112:

AJ Edds SLB

6th 175:

Dezmon Briscoe WR

6th 202:

Donovan Warren CB

6th 204:

Brandon Lang DE

7th 223:

Tony Washington LT

7th 249:

Vince Oghobaase DT

UDFA:

Brandon Banks WR/KR

Callahan Bright DT

AJ Jackson WR

Scott Long WR

Aaron Webster SS

Brandon Carter OG

AJ Jefferson CB

Legarrette Blount RB (as a UDFA you better believe it)

Dude Edds is not better then Norwood stop making yourself look like a ass!!!!

Dude Edds is not better then Norwood stop making yourself look like a ass!!!!

Everyone is entitled to there opinion stop making yourself look like an ass. And get it through your head they are 2 different players that bring different things to a team. I didn't say that Edds was better then Norwood. I like what brings in terms of the SLB position better.

I'd put money on Jarrett beating him out for the #2 WR spot. And considering Jarrett is actually only 2 or 3 months older then Lafell you can't use the "youth argument"

They bring very similar skillets, both rely on size and leaping ability more then route running and speed.

castironSikilletHandleComparison.jpg

skillets... you know nothing about them.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion stop making yourself look like an ass. And get it through your head there 2 different players that bring different things to a team. I didn't say that Edds was better then Norwood. I like what brings in terms of the SLB position better.

So you don't like that norwood brings 2x all amrerican 3x all SEC and the playmaking ablitiy of a 1st rounder not too mention he played every game for 4 years too the SLB position????

I think your misunderstanding my reluctance to pick Lafell its not that I don't like him as a receiver its that we already have that type of receiver. Why use another pick on the same type of receiver? We could have used a guy like Roberts to be a Smith type that could play the slot and bring some much need speed.

I am just saying the same thing Smith did. He doesn't want another Jarret he wants a burner. Price would have been fine there as well. Not to mention a guy like AJ Jackson as an UDFA would fit the role of another possession receiver and he wouldn't cost a 3rd round pick.

We did get a Burner (Although a bit rough around the edges) I mean David Gettis at 6-3 217 with 4-43 speed.

So you don't like that norwood brings 2x all amrerican 3x all SEC and the playmaking ablitiy of a 1st rounder not too mention he played every game for 4 years too the SLB position????

Did I say that, no. I look at this as the same thing as Carroll passing on Mays and taking Thomas. Its not that he doesn't like him its just that he liked what Thomas brought better. I acknowledge what Norwood brings as far as in the run coverage and pass rushing but I give the edge to Edds because of his ability in coverage.

how about ... tate.. then mccoy.. then lafell instead of edwards...

i'd be happier with this..

but I'm really excited about our QB situation now.. too bad Jake can't be our token vet...

mcCoy will ONLY be successful in a WCO offense....he is a Garcia.

He was drafted in the perfect position.

He is NOT a good fit for our vertical passing game.

Did I say that, no. I look at this as the same thing as Carroll passing on Mays and taking Thomas. Its not that he doesn't like him its just that he liked what Thomas brought better. I acknowledge what Norwood brings as far as in the run coverage and pass rushing but I give the edge to Edds because of his ability in coverage.

I'd say more then likely they ask Norwood to pack on the weight again (that he lost last season in his move from DE - OLB) and will be moved back to DE as a 3rd down pass rusher.

I'd say more then likely they ask Norwood to pack on the weight again (that he lost last season in his move from DE - OLB) and will be moved back to DE as a 3rd down pass rusher.

And thats fine. But we are in need of a Starter at SLB. Maybe that can be Connor or Anderson but I would fell much better enter the season if we had gotten Edds.

And thats fine. But we are in need of a Starter at SLB. Maybe that can be Connor or Anderson but I would fell much better enter the season if we had gotten Edds.

I think Connor has the SLB spot down tight. He was a third round pick and has played well when given the chance. I'm not too worried about the back 7. I understand were your coming from though.

I think your misunderstanding my reluctance to pick Lafell its not that I don't like him as a receiver its that we already have that type of receiver. Why use another pick on the same type of receiver? We could have used a guy like Roberts to be a Smith type that could play the slot and bring some much need speed.

I am just saying the same thing Smith did. He doesn't want another Jarret he wants a burner. Price would have been fine there as well. Not to mention a guy like AJ Jackson as an UDFA would fit the role of another possession receiver and he wouldn't cost a 3rd round pick.

um maybe because we still dont have a possession WR that has worked out post moose leaving for the bears? a little comp for jarrett isnt bad for 1 year. 2nd its future proofing for the role, its jarretts last year under contract, and the way he has performed he wouldnt be back. we still need someone at the possession spot in 2011. if he works out, its not like lafell is never gona work b/c of another possession wr. his blocking could easily get him on the field with jarrett and smitty.

the tall speedy #1 you want is a long shot, but gettis has the tools like another darling carlton mitchell. he is a project for sure, much like carter was a project who didnt work out. still not my fav developemental guy, but he was hindered by shaky qb play every year, hense some of the production issues (body catcher needs to go though).

the slot is where you would prefer to put smitty, not because he is slowing down, but to try to get matchup problems. this is the role that really makes welker good. he can get matchups that make him so damn good and his burst and ability to fight through the jam off the line makes him deadly. thats a thing smitty can do too.

as for not drafting a slot guy 1st, um well, i would take a possession guy over a slot all day with how jarrett has played so far. cant keep hoping his potental finally comes out. how long did we do that with colbert after 1 good year? also we took our slot guy in edwards. others like dexter jackson (i hope a year in the system does him good he was electric at happy appy and tallented athlete to go top 3 rounds) and kenny moore will compete for that spot with lafell/jarrett looser.

i would have loved andre roberts too (ford as well, but an undead owner wanted him more), but he went right before edwards. wash imo but roberts is ahead of edwards in terms of being a wr that can be a great slot/returner guy. then again edwards is electric with the ball, and being able to throw it is intresting if we somehow come out of the dark ages and run more 3 wr sets with him in it. i still hate the cost for him.

we are in much better shape than last year at WR going into camp, and a few options at each WR other than #1.

Archived