• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re-doing the Panthers 2010 Draft

jramsey4

Well its over our 2010 draft has come to a close. Personally I hate our draft. So I thought it would be fun to let everyone redo our Draft.

You are the Panthers FO. You have to pick players that were available at the picks when we picked. You can either use the trades or do away with them but to keep things simple no new trading.

2nd 48:

Jimmy Clausen QB

To much value to pass

3rd 78:

Andre Roberts WR Citadel

4th 112:

AJ Edds SLB

6th 175:

Dezmon Briscoe WR

6th 202:

Donovan Warren CB

6th 204:

Brandon Lang DE

7th 223:

Tony Washington LT

7th 249:

Vince Oghobaase DT

UDFA:

Brandon Banks WR/KR

Callahan Bright DT

AJ Jackson WR

Scott Long WR

Aaron Webster SS

Brandon Carter OG

AJ Jefferson CB

Legarrette Blount RB (as a UDFA you better believe it)

Well its over our 2010 draft has come to a close. Personally I hate our draft. So I thought it would be fun to let everyone redo our Draft.

You are the Panthers FO. You have to pick players that were available at the picks when we picked. You can either use the trades or do away with them but to keep things simple no new trading.

2nd 48:

Jimmy Clausen QB

To much value to pass

3rd 78:

Andre Roberts WR Citadel

4th 112:

AJ Edds SLB

6th 175:

Dezmon Briscoe WR

6th 202:

Donovan Warren CB

6th 204:

Brandon Lang DE

7th 223:

Tony Washington LT

7th 249:

Vince Oghobaase DT

UDFA:

Brandon Banks WR/KR

Callahan Bright DT

AJ Jackson WR

Scott Long WR

Aaron Webster SS

Brandon Carter OG

AJ Jefferson CB

Legarrette Blount RB (as a UDFA you better believe it)

ESPN is reporting that teh RAIDERS!!!!! just fired thier entire scouting department, HC, and GM. If I were you, I would be expecting a call from ole' Al any moment now.

Guest silver82blade

you're like the only dude on here who hates almost all our picks lol. have you checked out their scouting reports and watched video, or are you just dismissing them out of hand? i think pike at qb was our first bad pick, just 'cause it wasn't a team need.

you're like the only dude on here who hates almost all our picks lol. have you checked out their scouting reports and watched video, or are you just dismissing them out of hand? i think pike at qb was our first bad pick, just 'cause it wasn't a team need.

Lafell is Jarrett 2.0. Edwards I like but was way too much of a reach (if he was to be pick by another team before our 6th so be it). The 1st pick I really liked was the Hardy pick.

Thats just what I would have done if I had finally say so.

LaFell is Bowe 2.0

I'd put money on Jarrett beating him out for the #2 WR spot. And considering Jarrett is actually only 2 or 3 months older then Lafell you can't use the "youth argument"

They bring very similar skillets, both rely on size and leaping ability more then route running and speed.

Guest silver82blade

moose is a similar player to jarrett and lafell from a physical standpoint, and he had a great career. why just assume lafell will drop like jarrett instead of excel like moose? why not be a glass is half full type person? even if he busts as a receiver, which is highly debatable, he's a solid run blocker so we get his services for that for a couple years. i think we should just wait and see how he does in the preseason.

All 3 of our WR picks fit into a certain role. We drafted LaFell as another possession WR. Edwards will be the fast slot guy. Gettis is a fast guy that also has size.

Yep the Panthers have two DC's for WR...They play completely different types of players in those spots. LaFell will have a shot at the 2 spot. Any small WR would have hardly seen the field as he would be stuck behind Smith.

I think your misunderstanding my reluctance to pick Lafell its not that I don't like him as a receiver its that we already have that type of receiver. Why use another pick on the same type of receiver? We could have used a guy like Roberts to be a Smith type that could play the slot and bring some much need speed.

I am just saying the same thing Smith did. He doesn't want another Jarret he wants a burner. Price would have been fine there as well. Not to mention a guy like AJ Jackson as an UDFA would fit the role of another possession receiver and he wouldn't cost a 3rd round pick.

Archived