• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HDRI's of BoA Stadium?

Rhys

This may be a thread for the graphics forum but I thought I'd post it in the main forum so it would get a little more traffic.

At the peak of my boredom this past Sunday night I decided to make a nice looking 3D Panthers logo for wallpapers, avatars, etc in the future. The 3D side of it is mostly done, save getting some good reflections on the shiny surfaces, which is where you guys could probably help me.

I'm looking for some good HDRI's of Bank of America stadium. Night or day, filled or empty, it doesn't matter. If I can't find one of BoA, a HDRI of Charlotte would suffice. just post them here or pm me with them. I've seen you guys take a lot of HQ pictures before so I'm sure somewhere out there on one of your flickrs or on your own hard drives or something is what I'm looking for. I don't necessarily need a full 360 shot, but it would certainly help. Thanks!

Here's what I've got so far...

33o739j.jpg

It's too soft on the edges.

It looks like you took the logo and used it as a viewport background and recreated it or something.

Yea I suppose I could tighten those edges up a bit.

I did some post work in Photoshop but most of it is just a 3D render, not sure what you mean about the viewport background. If you're referring to how I made it, that's pretty much what I did, just used the flat logo in the background and built the model on top of that. I used a radial falloff to make it round and extruded and smoothed the edges, pretty simple.

I did some post work in Photoshop but most of it is just a 3D render, not sure what you mean about the viewport background. If you're referring to how I made it, that's pretty much what I did, just used the flat logo in the background and built the model on top of that. I used a radial falloff to make it round and extruded and smoothed the edges, pretty simple.

It looks too soft in the sense of the render... I'm guessing the model itself is fine. I'm not too sure if whatever renderer is being used (I've never did 3D work in Photoshop) is throwing too much AA on it or something.

And yeah, that's what I meant. It looks exactly like the Panthers logo thingy you can find wallpapers of (not a bad thing) and I was wondering if you got that accuracy by "tracing" it. :P

It looks too soft in the sense of the render... I'm guessing the model itself is fine. I'm not too sure if whatever renderer is being used (I've never did 3D work in Photoshop) is throwing too much AA on it or something.

And yeah, that's what I meant. It looks exactly like the Panthers logo thingy you can find wallpapers of (not a bad thing) and I was wondering if you got that accuracy by "tracing" it. :P

The softness from the render may be because of the faked lens blur I put on it to add depth of field. The 3D side of it was done in Modo and you can set depth of field/focal length of the camera etc in there. I could sharpen the whole thing up by just removing the depth of field I guess or changing the blur type from gaussian to something else.

Yea, I literally traced it just to make sure it was just like the logo. I might experiment some more with warping it or rounding it out more.

The softness from the render may be because of the faked lens blur I put on it to add depth of field. The 3D side of it was done in Modo and you can set depth of field/focal length of the camera etc in there. I could sharpen the whole thing up by just removing the depth of field I guess or changing the blur type from gaussian to something else.

Yea, I literally traced it just to make sure it was just like the logo. I might experiment some more with warping it or rounding it out more.

You could always try making the facial features "pop out" more (whiskers, nose, eyes, etc.)

All in all it looks good and I'm impressed there is a fan on here with talent. ;)

Archived