• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

King Taharqa

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Los Angeles Lakers
    • Boston Celtics

Kobe was an 18 year old with potential. Same as Andrew Bynum was when the Lakers got him with the 10th pick. You have to be able to wait for them to develop. Expecting them to push aside an established NBA starter is both ignorant as well as damaging to their future in the NBA.

Now Eli was a 3 year starter in College with great blood lines ready to excel in the NFL. The Chargers took him anyway despite his demands and proceeded to buttfug the Giants in a draft day trade. The fact Charlotte wasn't able to do the same to Los Angeles is on your team at the time. Tough poo.

So basically you're agreeing with me, in that Kobe was not established and was acting pretty damned uppity for an 18 year old by demanding to only play for certain team(s).

So basically you're agreeing with me, in that Kobe was not established and was acting pretty damned uppity for an 18 year old by demanding to only play for certain team(s).

No, I'm saying the potential was there, but expecting him to perform at an NBA level for 82 games at 18 would have been stupid. An outstanding GM like Jerry West knew this and knew Kobe would be great, then proceeded to fug Charlotte who was incapable of getting proper compensation for Kobe and the rest is history. That's a you issue.

No, I'm saying the potential was there, but expecting him to perform at an NBA level for 82 games at 18 would have been stupid. An outstanding GM like Jerry West knew this and knew Kobe would be great, then proceeded to fug Charlotte who was incapable of getting proper compensation for Kobe and the rest is history. That's a you issue.

You're saying that our ownership was made up of idiots. I agree with that. Does it change the fact that Kobe is no different that Eli Manning for being a baby and saying that he only wants to play for one team even though he hadn't even played a minute of a professional sport? No.

Archived