• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moonshine - The Business, and flavors and Recipes

Hotsauce

Thats not how you make moonshine. I dunno about flavors tho...

I used fruits (apples, peaches, etc) to make it but I never tasted any of em. Just pure moonshine.

Anyone can make munshine in their house, all you need is those glass tubes like you used in chemistry class. You hook em up in certain way, one end near boiling fruits and another near could water (so alcoholic gasses can cool off). And it slowly drips into a bottle. Very slow process.

Isn't that called wine?

Look, when buying moonshine there are a few tips:

1. If the guy says he's flavoring grain alcohol, it ain't moonshine.

2. If it's not clear, stay the hell away from it.

3. If a person you don't know offers to sell you some, just politely say "No thanks" and walk away.

4. Only buy moonshine in broad daylight and if it is in a crystal clear jar or bottle. Hold it up to the sunlight and swirl it vigorously. If you see even the faintest sparkle, pass on it -- some unethical shiners use old radiators for distilling coils -- you do not want to drink this, you'll go blind eventually.

5. It's called moonshine, but referred to as 'shine. Knowing the lingo can keep you out of trouble with an ABC agent.

6. The best shine is usually homemade apple or peach brandy, un-aged. Corn liquor is more often what is referred to as white lightning; it can be vicious to the uninitiated.

7. 'Shine is an art form. The best makers produce it with that goal in mind.

Archived