• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

whats your favorite..

favorite what?

the beach is better than the pool because the sounds of nature will drown out the noise of the crowd.

favorite beer is hard to say. to be general...brown ales and stouts. I'm also more partial to what I brew myself.

Just finished a pint of a cherry-chocolate ale I picked up from a local brewery. Interesting and tasty, you can really taste the fruit on the front end melting into an oakey-chocolate flavor, but not something I could drink regularly.

Just finished a pint of a cherry-chocolate ale I picked up from a local brewery. Interesting and tasty, you can really taste the fruit on the front end melting into an oakey-chocolate flavor, but not something I could drink regularly.

Is it Stone's new Cherry Chocolate Stout?

Brooklyn sorachi ace saison and great divide Hercules double ipa.

Both awesome. I've found the greatest beer store.

Anybody ever had any great divide stuff? Everything I've had has been great.

I enjoy both of those beers. It's hard to go wrong with anything Great Divide. Have you had any of their Yeti yet? It's an imperial stout. They have a regular Yeti and also chocolate, espresso and oak-aged versions. They are all good, but the oak-aged is my favorite.

Is it Stone's new Cherry Chocolate Stout?

I enjoy both of those beers. It's hard to go wrong with anything Great Divide. Have you had any of their Yeti yet? It's an imperial stout. They have a regular Yeti and also chocolate, espresso and oak-aged versions. They are all good, but the oak-aged is my favorite.

Yea, i was going to pick up the oak aged yesterday but the guy who runs the shop told me he thought the hercules was better so i grabbed that instead.

I'll pick it up next time though and let you know what I think.

Gettin ready to crack open an Ovila Saison. mmmmm.

Schwarzbier, The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, Farmville

About $10 for 6 (12-ounce) bottles.

The pumpkin beers are coming. And the Ocktoberfests. It seems too soon, with your air conditioner perpetually cycling in the August heat, but fall beers already are nudging summer seasonals aside on Charlotte shelves. To help with that transition, the fine brewers at Duck-Rabbit offer Schwarzbier, a black lager that boasts the crispness of a lager with roasty coffee and chocolate flavors.

Schwarzbier pours a dark, opaque black, but most everything else about it is lighter - the delicate sweetness, the hint of hop bitterness and the clean, thin texture. A superb way to ease your way into autumn

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/24/2548306/sip-of-the-week.html#ixzz1WNHwZyRL

Love the pumpkin beers.

any new beers that will make its debut in the fall? Any companies like Sam Adams or anyone debuting new stuff?

Sam Adams has a new Rauchbier (smoked beer) coming out that I think is in their fall 12-pack samplers. I love smoked beers but I haven't had that one yet.

On the more rare side, Founders is bottling their very highly-regarded "Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS)". I'm really hoping to get a few bottles of that. If anyone sees it anywhere around Charlotte in October and wants to hook a guy up, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Sam Adams has a new Rauchbier (smoked beer) coming out that I think is in their fall 12-pack samplers. I love smoked beers but I haven't had that one yet.

On the more rare side, Founders is bottling their very highly-regarded "Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS)". I'm really hoping to get a few bottles of that. If anyone sees it anywhere around Charlotte in October and wants to hook a guy up, I'd certainly appreciate it.

I had their new Rauchbier in the fall mixed pack it's good, it's very smokey so if you enjoy smoked beers you should like it, but it's not for everyone.

I had their new Rauchbier in the fall mixed pack it's good, it's very smokey so if you enjoy smoked beers you should like it, but it's not for everyone.

I liked it and thought the smoke wasn't too overpowering -- just right for an easy-drinking lager, in my opinion. But then I love tons and tons of smoke in my beers. Anything by Aecht Schlenkerla (but especially their "Eiche") is delicious.

Archived