• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

This is my first post in the Beer thread, and will admit I'm a n00b when it comes to non-mainstream brews, but last night I had Old Mecklenburg Copper - excellent home brew from Southend. Any other Charlotteans had this beer? Thoughts?

I have a new favorite beer co.: Lagunitas

I've tried 4 different types from them and they are all amazing. Honestly, this is really one of the better beers I've had in a while

I just bought a six of Lagunitas IPA that I'm looking forward to starting on this evening. Great beer.

This is my first post in the Beer thread, and will admit I'm a n00b when it comes to non-mainstream brews, but last night I had Old Mecklenburg Copper - excellent home brew from Southend. Any other Charlotteans had this beer? Thoughts?

OMB Copper is a nice beer. I also like their other beers (Kolsch, and their seasonal beers).

OMB is so inconsistent. The brewmaster is a dumbass who does not know what he is doing. He came to my brewerys tour every week for like 8 months straight to ask our brewmaster 1,000 questions before he opened up. When it's good it's good but like I said he can't make a good batch consistently.

OMB is so inconsistent. The brewmaster is a dumbass who does not know what he is doing. He came to my brewerys tour every week for like 8 months straight to ask our brewmaster 1,000 questions before he opened up. When it's good it's good but like I said he can't make a good batch consistently.

I think OMB's come a long way, personally. I'm pretty sure they've changed brewmaster's since opening. Their Captain James Jack Pilsner is really nice.

Which brewery did he tour?

I was offered a job I wanted last night, so I cracked a Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) in celebration. That might be my favorite beer.

I'm about to go have something right now. Just picked up the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp sampler pack, as well as Great Divide's Belgian Style Yeti and Stone IRS.

Archived