• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LB situation

Norwood isn't a MLB. He's a pass rusher. Fox has already said he's going to working at both DE and OLB. On top of that, Norwood's game speed is much faster than he recorded 40 time.

That being said, they've already been working with Anderson at SLB, Connor at MLB, and Beason at WLB. The only way I see that shaken up is if Williams plays his ass off at camp and either beats out Anderson or Connor. The same can be said of Norwood too, SLB is basically wide open right now.

i'm ok with anderson he's a good player but if norwood can get faster as far as covering i'd want him 2 start..i get wut yur saying about norwood being faster then his 40 time but just watching him last year and in the senior bowl he looked like he could improve..and he's never seen pro WR'S and TE's speed before

i'm ok with anderson he's a good player but if norwood can get faster as far as covering i'd want him 2 start..i get wut yur saying about norwood being faster then his 40 time but just watching him last year and in the senior bowl he looked like he could improve..and he's never seen pro WR'S and TE's speed before

Norwood is considered decent in tackling skills and quick off the edge. His specific weaknesses are in coverage where he is considered average or below. If he plays linebacker for us it will be primarily as a role player and a pass rusher not as a Sam playing TEs in coverage. At this point he isn't as good as Anderson or Williams but provides depth and some utility as an edge rusher.

All of these guys will get a fair amount of playing time. We have quality back ups so they will keep a good rotation that will keeep everyone well rested I think. I just don't know who is going to play relief for Connor.

Archived