• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Were ya shocked?

Bob NC

J. Delhomme 15 for 35, 196 yards, 3 INT, Passer Rating 34.9

No, that wasn't against the Cards, that was Jake's LAST playoff appearance, against Seattle. How many more times do I have to hear, "Sure, he's a mediocre QB but he turns it up in the playoffs?" With the Carolina running game many folks would say all we need is a system QB, I don't even think Jake can handle that.

I think this season was another case of smoke & mirrors. We came out with a 12-4 record but we won some games we all know we shouldn't have. Starting with the first game at SD. You look at playoff caliber teams for the year and you just "know" they are playoff teams. You look at the Panthers and you know there are 3 or 4 plays that if they never happened, we're 9-7 or 8-8, or worse.

You know, I have followed the Panthers since the day they set up shop. I'm one of thier biggest fans and will continue to be. HOWEVER, I have to say something. I was not suprised last night. To be honest, I don't think ANY die-hard Panthers fan was shocked at what happened. Any other fan of any other team in our exact same position, 12-4.....2nd seed in the conference....bye week.....home game....Would have been utterly flabbergasted at that performance. LOL, I knew we had as much chance of throwing up that stinker as we did of playing well. There's something wrong with that picture. We KNOW that with our D, our QB, our coaching philosophy, we can play like champions, or play like a 2nd division college team on any given day.

Head coach. Things DO get stale. Fox may be the best coach since Lombardi, BUT, he's not the best right here, right now. If we got rid of him he'd have a new HC job in an hour. So what? So did Dungy when he got the ax from Tampa, (AFTER MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!)

My 13 year old son and I watched the game, (well, 28 minutes of it), I never thought he was the most astute judge of football mechanics until he asked this question: "Why is number 11 alone all the time?" Guess I should have had him call Turgovac maybe?

All the homers can climb into the "way-back" machine and go back to 2003. That one year makes everything great for everyone? I don't think so.

My 13 year old son and I watched the game, (well, 28 minutes of it), I never thought he was the most astute judge of football mechanics until he asked this question: "Why is number 11 alone all the time?" Guess I should have had him call Turgovac maybe?

Exactly. Seems to happen a lot with our defense.

It wasn't a shock because none of hte teams I ever pull for win (not because I picked the underdog, either).

I knew something was going to blow up, but after an opening drive like that and just in general, I did not expect it to be a complete blowout.

I might've expected to lose... but not like this...

J. Delhomme 15 for 35, 196 yards, 3 INT, Passer Rating 34.9

No, that wasn't against the Cards, that was Jake's LAST playoff appearance, against Seattle. How many more times do I have to hear, "Sure, he's a mediocre QB but he turns it up in the playoffs?" With the Carolina running game many folks would say all we need is a system QB, I don't even think Jake can handle that.

:rolleyes: Don't mention the road victory the first week of the 2005 playoffs against the Giants (23-0) or the game the week before the Hawks in Chicago. Jake goes 24/33 for 319 and 3 TDs.

By the time the Panthers got to Seattle they were so banged up Jamie Robertson was our running back. The Panthers were completely outschemed by the Hawks with triples most of the time on Smitty as the Panthers had no weapons left. Cracks me up Panther fans would go all the way to the '05 playoffs looking to discredit Delhomme. :frown2:

:rolleyes: Don't mention the road victory the first week of the 2005 playoffs against the Giants (23-0) or the game the week before the Hawks in Chicago. Jake goes 24/33 for 319 and 3 TDs.

By the time the Panthers got to Seattle they were so banged up Jamie Robertson was our running back. The Panthers were completely outschemed by the Hawks with triples most of the time on Smitty as the Panthers had no weapons left. Cracks me up Panther fans would go all the way to the '05 playoffs looking to discredit Delhomme. :frown2:

His last two playoff games, Delhomme's average was in the 30's and he gave up 8 INTS. Spin it, baby.

mid-30's avg QB rating, 8 INTs, 2 games.

Man, is he clutch.

Archived