• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats close to trading Diaw, Chandler, aquiring Calderon

CatMan72

What they want, cap space. You can actually trade a trade exception I believe.

You can. And while we'd have four solid starters in Calderon-Jackson-Wallace-Thomas, we'd still be weak at center. I don't think the Bobcats are done making moves yet.

quick breakdown for everyone

To PHX Turkoglu (9,800,000)

To TOR Diaw (9,000,000) + Barbosa (7,100,000) + Chandler (12,500,000)

To CHA: Calderon (9,000,000) + Jones ($992,680) + Evans (5,080,000)

* Jones cut saving CHA 7.5 million.

* TOR takes 4.6 million extra (DO NOT GO INTO TAX)

* CHA saves 7.5 once jones is cut (AVOIDING TAX)

This is what I am hearing from Raptors fans

This way we actually cut Dwayne Jones then go out and get a Center.

You can. And while we'd have four solid starters in Calderon-Jackson-Wallace-Thomas, we'd still be weak at center. I don't think the Bobcats are done making moves yet.

Right, that's why we trade the exception to the Wolves for Jefferson to play C. If we get it.

quick breakdown for everyone

To PHX Turkoglu (9,800,000)

To TOR Diaw (9,000,000) + Barbosa (7,100,000) + Chandler (12,500,000)

* Jones cut saving CHA 7.5 million.

* TOR takes 4.6 million extra (DO NOT GO INTO TAX)

* CHA saves 7.5 once jones is cut (AVOIDING TAX)

This is what I am hearing

This way we actually cut Dwayne Jones then go out and get a Center.

Who is Evans????

And do we get the exception or not?

Pardon my lack of knowledge of the Suns' and Raptors' rosters, but who the hell is Evans?

Right, that's why we trade the exception to the Wolves for Jefferson to play C. If we get it.

And we'd have a sleeper contender, IMO.

That doesn't equal up from what I am hearing.

You've got Jones, the guy I was referring to, in your breakdown. And how about giving a source for what you're hearing?

Pardon my lack of knowledge of the Suns' and Raptors' rosters, but who the hell is Evans?

And we'd have a sleeper contender, IMO.

You've got Jones, the guy I was referring to, in your breakdown.

Yeah Raps fans had to add Reggie Evans to make it work. I have no idea whats going on anymore all sorts of sh*t, someone just needs to come out and say what the damn trade is.

Reggie Evans is an undersized PF but a good rebounder.

The fact that he'd be coming back to us instead of the Raptors using their trade exception to acquire Chandler throws a massive wrench into the idea of us using a trade exception ourselves to get Jefferson.

It's reggie evans, and I have no idea, this is some crazy s*t. From what I am hearing frop the Raptors fans there organization doesn't want to have to use the exception.

Another f*cking back-up forward? I know we're a little weak there, but Jesus Christ. Is there a back-up forward that we haven't been linked to this offseason?

And I'm not going to trust what Raptors fans have to say, they're just looking to dump an overpaid player. The only concrete rumor we have is that we're getting Dwayne Jones and Bosh's trade exception.

Reggie Evans is an undersized PF but a good rebounder.

The fact that he'd be coming back to us instead of the Raptors using their trade exception to acquire Chandler throws a massive wrench into the idea of us using a trade exception ourselves to get Jefferson.

Yeah, from what I am hearing from the Raptors people is that they don't want to touch the whole Bosh sign and trade money.

The Bobcats have traded center Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors.

Chandler's number one priority is to stay healthy, something he has not been able to do in recent years. Even at full strength he might have to fight for a starting gig, as Andrea Bargnani can start at center and both Boris Diaw and Amir Johnson are potential starting PFs.

Marc Spears Twitter

I don't know for who or what.

Archived