• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fly or drive?

Epistaxis

To add insult to injury, I have been tasked with planning the yearly voyage to Northern VA/DC area in-law trip.

The wife is leaning towards driving.

I can't imagine that much windshield time with a 4 yo and 2 yo.

If I lose, which is likely, and we end up driving, I'm thinking about breaking this up in to a family roadtrip with stops to do/see stuff, think family fun.

I've been poking around and have come up with the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, the zoo in Cincinnati, Sandusky asorted amusement crap, Hershey PA, and a toy and train museum in W. VA for my son.

Mostly I have no desire to do this, but if I have to I'll do it right.

Any of you guys know anything about stuff in PA, OH, WV, IN, etc.?

Places to stay, stuff to do, etc.?

I'd rather fly-over but getting outvoted seems likely.

Suggestions?

One weekend, take the wifey on a drive somewhere...4 or so hours, however much you can handle. Then tell her after she's gone insane that the drive to DC will be 4x as long.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But before you go on "The Drive" slip the younguns about 10-12 Pixie Stix apiece. After that, there is no way in hell she will want to drive all the way to DC.

my kids are great travellers so I would use it as an opportunity to see and do new things...maybe thats just me!

if you end up driving, buy or rent a portable dvd player, the kids will go "missing" in the back seat for 90 minutes at a time!

Archived