• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eye glasses question

Johnny Rockets

That is interesting, haven't heard of that. I am doing lasik surgery but that is going to wait until next year. Just want some glasses to get me by until then.

I'm in a similar boat. I've always needed glasses/contacts, but I don't really like to wear my glasses outside of work and when relaxing at home. I have noticed that I get treated very differently by people I don't know depending on if I'm wearing my glasses or contacts, and I prefer to wear my contacts but after about 5 hours they become too painful to wear.

Lasiks the way to go, I'm thinking about getting it, but make sure your vision has stabilized (usually by age 22) before you get it or you could end up having to get it again.'

Just keep shopping for frames until you find ones you like. I wouldn't buy online, I like to try my frames on, but it's up to you.

I'm in a similar boat. I've always needed glasses/contacts, but I don't really like to wear my glasses outside of work and when relaxing at home. I have noticed that I get treated very differently by people I don't know depending on if I'm wearing my glasses or contacts, and I prefer to wear my contacts but after about 5 hours they become too painful to wear.

i have noticed this too.

Go to a better opthamologist with a better selection in store. The wife had to have green frames and the only brand that carries the color was Versace.

If you're like me JR, try the Nike frames...indestructible and are stylishly delish.

You know I am just like you Scrum but sexier, a bit cooler, and all around a better guy. :) Nike huh? Who sells em?

Lasiks the way to go, I'm thinking about getting it, but make sure your vision has stabilized (usually by age 22) before you get it or you could end up having to get it again.'

Just keep shopping for frames until you find ones you like. I wouldn't buy online, I like to try my frames on, but it's up to you.

That is interesting (about you getting treated different). I don't know about the age thing on the lasik thing though. Wife had hers done about 5 years ago (after she was 30) and she needs to have them redone.

I have a friend who had her eyes fixed via lasik, and she sings the procedure's praises...

Me personally, I don't fell comfortable with the thought of miniature guillotines slicing a layer off my eyeball, having that layer peeled back while they burn the part beneath it, and then having the flap folded back over... all while I am awake and cognitive...

That is interesting (about you getting treated different). I don't know about the age thing on the lasik thing though. Wife had hers done about 5 years ago (after she was 30) and she needs to have them redone.
I got mine from my ophthalmologist. I'd bet your optometrist/ophthalmologist would have their catalog if they don't carry them in-house.

Lasik was a breeze and has worked for almost 10 years for me. My problem was that my distance vision got much better but my up close vision which was actually better because of the astigmatism went back to what is normal for a 44 year old guy, yeah, had to start wearing readers to type and read. But I can see boobies from a mile a way. Trade offs. Go figure!! Might try the surgery to correct my up close vision as well.

Couldn't find anf Eagles glasses but here are some contacts.

http://www.qualitycontactlenses.com/qcl-NFL-lens---Philadelphia-Eagles-conact-lenses-58754.html

I don't know if you have them up in NC but I got my glasses at Eyeglass World. They have a big selection of frames from 2/$78 up to $250+. THey do have designer frames and sunglasses too.

Whoa! Look what the cat dragged in! ;) Hope you and Mr. Bean are doing well.

Thanks...I just checked and there aren't any around here but that is exactly the type of place I am looking for. I think the is a Vision Works right near my work that I am going to check out.

Archived