• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diagnose my shoulder problem...

Darth Biscuit

Well... just got back from the MRI... they called me this morning and had an appt, so I went... pretty weird, and I can see how claustrophobic peeps would freak out inside that thing. I'm an above average sized guy and I was a tight fit, I can't imagine how they get really big people in there. My appt to talk to the doc about it is next Wed... so we'll see.

It wasn't any one event--just 3 weeks ago, started out with a dull ache and 2 weeks ago, very sharp pain every time I moved my arm away from my body.

As it turns out, I had X-rays this morning, and I have calcium deposits--little pellets all around my tricep, bicep and tendons. You can't dissolve them, the only option is to get them taken out. I am not yet to that point, and don't know that I ever will be. Got 2 cortisone shots, though, so that should hold me for a while.

You tough bastard. Cortisone shots were something I never, ever suffered growing up. I was offered them for injuries, but I ALWAYS took the rehab. That needle is like a foot long.

You tough bastard. Cortisone shots were something I never, ever suffered growing up. I was offered them for injuries, but I ALWAYS took the rehab. That needle is like a foot long.

But soooooo worth it. And the needles are only about 6 inches long. Men are such babies. ;)

But soooooo worth it. And the needles are only about 6 inches long. Men are such babies. ;)

I'm not gonna lie, when I got an arthagram on this same shoulder 10 years ago it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I almost blacked out.

Oh and six inches = 1 foot when I'm writing my lonely heart ads.

:lol: Men like it when women think 6 inches = 1 foot.

Yes, I want the huddle's medical advice... :rolleyes:

It hurts... my left shoulder, since I played golf Tuesday... right in the joint. If I bend my elbow 90* and raise my arm it pops and hurts... If I bend my elbow 90* and rotate my arm from where my hand is on my chest out away from my body, it gets to about 2/3 of the way and pops.

What is my problem?

(Thank you Saltman, I know I'm old... more specific please.)

You're hurt because you played golf on Tuesday asshole. I was stuck in Chicago freezing my ass off. Serves you right.

Yes, I want the huddle's medical advice... :rolleyes:

It hurts... my left shoulder, since I played golf Tuesday... right in the joint. If I bend my elbow 90* and raise my arm it pops and hurts... If I bend my elbow 90* and rotate my arm from where my hand is on my chest out away from my body, it gets to about 2/3 of the way and pops.

What is my problem?

(Thank you Saltman, I know I'm old... more specific please.)

Sprain AC joint. Its hard to heel but send me a private message and I'll tell you something that will help

You're hurt because you played golf on Tuesday asshole. I was stuck in Chicago freezing my ass off. Serves you right.

:lol: I missed this before... dude I wish I could play golf, that's what started all of this. :(

So anyway, I got the diagnosis after the MRI this morning... surgery it is. The doc said my collarbone is too long and needs to be shaved off, my AC tendon is degenerating and needs fixed and my rotator cuff has degenerated and started to tear and will only get worse if not fixed... sounds great. :rolleyes:

Surgery, limited movement for 6 weeks, no heavy lifting for 4 months and rehab... sounds like so much fun.

Archived