• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cyclists who ride on non-residential roads.

SmootsDaddy89

I'm pretty sure the sidewalks are illegal even where I live where NOBODY uses them. I doubt the cops would ticket anybody for it especially where I live. I think they might do it as a bit of a passive protest to the silly law about riding on sidewalks in the suburban areas.

it is illegal, and trying riding 30+ miles on a sidewalk at 20 mph..

Cyclists who dont follow the rules are wrong. You are supposed to ride no more than 2 abreast, a few feet off the right line of the road. When cars are behind, you are supposed to ride single file to allow traffic to pass. Ive had assholes buzz me while im riding in the right lane of a 4 lane road when there was absolutely no other traffic in the left lane. There are far more idiot drivers than bikers, believe me...

Hope Karma doesnt come home to some of you cocksuckers in this thread.

I love how people think they're this like fuging Bear Grylls manly outdoorsman because they can sit on a bicycle without falling over, wow congratulations, you have the same balance and coordination that an 8 year-old has, we're all very impressed.

haha, you have no clue. Id like to get you on a bike in a group of 50 people riding shoulder to shoulder, tire to tire at 25 mph, but you wouldnt last 5 minutes...

Funny how people around here defend and glorify a dude who was a criminal, abused animals, and blew his own brains out, but laugh at a pic of a car wiping out a bunch of cyclists. Shouldnt be surprised as the white trash quotient is pretty high.

People who legitimately use bikes as a means of transporting themselves from one place to another are fine. They are the ones who understand that cars dominate the road.

It's the assholes that do it for exercise that usually get in the way and take up too much road. There is absolutely no point to being out on non-residential roads other than you want people to see you biking.

I think everyone can ascertain which bikers/drivers are being douchebags.

Cars that don't keep bikers in consideration...and bikers that think they own the road. Fact is...Darwin's law states that the one that's not paying taxes with that vehicle to support the highway and has less protections for the driver MUST be on constant alert and respect the rules of the road.

Haters be damned. Family Guy has a scene that is referenceable for just about every topic or situation.

But, until you have driven in DC proper during rush hour, you know nothing of bikers. The ones in DC (Georgetown especially) are not only in the road, but they totally ignore any manner of traffic ordinance. Red lights, stop signs, yield signs, the idea that the person in the traffic circle has the right of way, going the wrong way with the flow of traffic, there's a biker for every traffic law.

I hope none of you mongoloids ever reproduce and if you have children I hope their mother has custody and a restraining order.

A friend of mine was killed while riding his bike by a fugtard who like you thought he had no right to be on the road. Stupid twat didn't even have the decency to stop and see if he was ok.

I think single file bicyclists are fine... I give them right-of-way and try not to kill them... double file riders and the complete dumbasses that ride FACING traffic (as I see several times of week on my way to work on Wrightsville Avenue, which is two lane) can suck it.

Archived