• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dale Jr. and 27th place are happily married again.

Carl Spackler

Jr's lost his edge. A couple of years ago he became a kinder, gentler Jr, he's not as assertive or aggresive as he used to be. He's gone soft and he's paying the price.

Jr's problem is between his ears, he's a pussy now and he's paying the price.

Probably changed his mentality when he was in the burning car.

OOOOHHHH another JR excuse. I haven't heard that one yet. Bravo- that one should catch on with the official JR excuse makers.

:cryin:

not an excuse....notice the use of the word "probably"...if I was making an excuse for him I would have said "His mentality changed when he was in the burning car".

It happens alot with people when in a situation where death or a serious injury can occur, something changes in them. In Jr's case, he was in a car, in a race. Something he does for a living. It happens in the real world. deal with it.

:cryin:

not an excuse....notice the use of the word "probably"...if I was making an excuse for him I would have said "His mentality changed when he was in the burning car".

It happens alot with people when in a situation where death or a serious injury can occur, something changes in them. In Jr's case, he was in a car, in a race. Something he does for a living. It happens in the real world. deal with it.

I am just bustin on ya;)

Probably changed his mentality when he was in the burning car.

OOOOHHHH another JR excuse. I haven't heard that one yet. Bravo- that one should catch on with the official JR excuse makers.

You can call it an excuse but it's probably true. When drivers have a scary experience, such as being in a huge wreck at Daytona or Talladega, they usually have an altered state of mind for the rest of their career. Don't believe it? Look at Rusty, DW, Gordon, and even Dale Sr. (yes Dale Sr. had a big one in the late 90s and it took him a long time to get back to victory lane and just didn't seem to dominate like he did).

I'm not sticking up for him; it's just what seems to happen in racing. Drivers lose their edge when things like this happen.

To say every reason that is not "oh, he's just not talented" is an "excuse" is as close-minded as anything. I honestly want to know the REAL reason why he pussed out the past few years. All Jr fans jumped on board because the name. Most Jr fans were big time Sr fans (like myself and my whole family). When Sr passed, Jr was still there, we still had an Earnhardt. And he ran good. The burning car may have something to do with it.

Let's look at it. Dale Sr had one of the most epic crashes ever at Talledega. He didn't lose his edge, his toughness. He stayed in it and raced the same. He acknowledged bad things happen sometimes and you can't let it get to you (like all the other greats. They've all had their share of bad wrecks). When Jr was in the burning car, maybe that scared the crap out of him so much that he decided he didn't want to be put in that position again, so he'd rather play it safe and rely SOLELY on the car and less on his talent. Therefore, yeah, you could make an argument that he's not using his skills. When the car isn't a damn rocket ship, he bitches.

He needs to just focus on driving the hell out of whatever car Rick, McGrew, and the rest of the team gives him. Make adjustments when you can. Just like every other driver. He has the talent to be in the chase every year. He just needs to quit driving like a scared 16 year old on the interstate.

I totally agree with PantherManOne and MadHatter that,Dale Earnhardt Jr had better get his situation figured out and figured out quickly.

I also agree,there will come a point when Rick Hendrick will put another driver in the car if Jr continues with his constant 20+ place finishes.

You may not understand the amount of money that is associatted with Jr. then.

Believe me, Hendrick will keep Dale in the car as long as sponsors are willing to pay double the going rate to be on his hood.

The thing about it is that sponsors want to be associated with a winner and a constant 20+ place finish is far from being a winner,or even a decent competitor.

look for Jrs sponsors to start dropping off or complaining,if his current trend continues.

I have alot more fun rooting against Kyle Busch!!

:iamwithstupid:

I don't have a favorite driver anymore. I was a diehard Gordon fan in the 90s, became a Michael Waltrip fan in the early 2000s. Now I have a lot of drivers that I like but not one particular. Any day that Kyle or Jimmie wreck (or at least don't win) is a good day for me.

Archived