• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't be too optimistic about future!

guyinchesapeake

"I suppose you want Cowher who took something like 14 years to get a ring in an already established system?"

I guess you're content with sticking with Fox for 14 years or more, for consistency's sake, to see IF he ever learns how to win the games that matter?

I don't know if Cowher is the answer. I DO know that Cowher's record, when his team had a sizeable lead late in the game, was tremendous, something that we cannot boast about, we always seem to let teams back into the game under Fox.

"You talk about the great tallent that has come though here, I am sorry, but when I look at NFL champs of the past, I see a good bit more talent than what we have had."

We've had talent that was, and is, certainly good enough to contend consistently for a ring. I understand that we've had more than our share of injuries in recent seasons, but so has every other team (New England this year went 11-5 without Brady, even though that didn't get them a playoff berth). Fox has been here 7 years. No rings. That is the mark of a coaches tenure, whether anyone else here wants to acknowledge that or not. Rings are the metric of succes in this league. We have none. He has built this team, he has not produced. Anyone content with a team that should have at least advanced to the next playioff round, but didn't, after being embarrassed at home by a team that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs per their own record and performance over the year and is then going to lecture the rest of us about how wonderful our underachieving coach and team are cannot be taken very seriously on this subject!

Jake must go. Fox must go and take both OC and DC with him.

we only need to rebuild the coaching staff and make a move for cassel or mcnabb or some other QB who can actually throw to the ball to open recievers instead of into double coverage all season. remember those amazing catches smitty had? they were in double coverage!!!! only by luck and amazing talent of steve's did he make those catches but they don't change the fact that it was jake's decision to throw into double coverage all season long. eventually it catches up to you.

fire all 3 coaches and ax the QB and rebuild from there and we'll be ok.

Many Panther fans like the Panther front office and its head coach are 1 word...REACTIONARY. They're deathly afraid of any change and would rather stick with something that has proven time and time again it wont work then embark into the unknown. That "reactionary" spirit filters thru this entire organization and is the reason why when things dont get 100% perfect everything crumbles. Its time to take a PROACTIVE approach to this franchise and start planning ahead to the future and taking into account things may not go perfect everytime.

Cowher strung together more than one winning season in a row in those 12 years.

it wouldn't have mattered to the big babies in here. he could have had all winning seasons and they would have still been calling for his head if he couldn't deliver a superbowl. 20 winning seasons in a row wouldn't matter if you couldn't get a superbowl....right?

we only need to rebuild the coaching staff and make a move for cassel or mcnabb or some other QB who can actually throw to the ball to open recievers instead of into double coverage all season. remember those amazing catches smitty had? they were in double coverage!!!! only by luck and amazing talent of steve's did he make those catches but they don't change the fact that it was jake's decision to throw into double coverage all season long. eventually it catches up to you.

When do you think we'll be ok? First year? Sure, some rookie HCs did come in and do well this year for sure, but do you think Matt Moore or McCown is ready now, or do you have someone else in mind at QB?

Guest Jake Delhomme

F You i've told you I'm sorry and it never happen again.

it wouldn't have mattered to the big babies in here. he could have had all winning seasons and they would have still been calling for his head if he couldn't deliver a superbowl. 20 winning seasons in a row wouldn't matter if you couldn't get a superbowl....right?

no, I don't think that's right. nice deflection too. Fox's consistency goes like this: good year bad year good year bad year good year bad year. Fox will still be our coach next year. Cowher will never coach us. As far as big babies, how about those having to take a shot at a likely hall-of-fame coach just to make themselves feel better about their on-again-off-again coach?

So why are you calling for his head?

Do you remember some of the QB's Cowher fielded? Neil O'Donnel? Kordell Stewart?

Give Fox some credit for sticking with Delhomme, or at least don't think Cowher would come in and do so much better. I dont know if he will ever find a QB like Big Gay Ben to finally get him over the hump, but it took Cowher a long time to find Big Gay Ben himself.

I think the majority of you would have called for Cowher's head after 6 years.

No one is knocking Cowher he certainly was a good coach but people really need to get over it, if he came here it would be a disaster, a Seifert 2.0. No coach has ever won the superbowl with two different teams. Frequently a Superbowl winning Coach's new team will end up a disaster area.

Archived