• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signed FB Nehemiah Broughton

bryn10

Also, this was on that rotoworld page:

Coach John Fox revealed that LB Landon Johnson spent Saturday night in the hospital after suffering groin and hip injuries in Carolina's playoff loss.

Fox said the injuries aren't serious, "just...a couple of muscle pulls that were pretty painful." Johnson only played on special teams in his first year as a Panther. He's due a $2 million salary in 2009 and may be a cap casualty.

Source: Gaston Gazette http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=998

I read that story, but missed this little tidbit. I could him ending up behind Conner/Anderson after the next camp is over and being cut, especially if the injury lingers. Anderson in basically the same guy.

This signing raised a question that I had never really considered: who is our backup fullback should Hoover go down? You would almost think that, being a run first offense and Hoover being such a good blocker, we would have a dedicated backup.

Hoover had a great year and is a hell of a run blocker, but let's face it, he's not getting any younger. I like this signing if only so that we can get someone in behind Hoover who could benefit from learning behind such an experienced veteran.

goings or rosario would be our back-up FB.

i do think we need a beastly FB to replace hoover when the time comes. carolina is one of the last teams to use a traditional FB like they did in the 80s, and it usually works very well.

Archived