• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox: Keep Delhomme, he still has it

NewEnglandAFChamps

Brady Quinn was sitting right there two years ago at 14....

that pick turned out to be Beason so it wasn't a bad deal overall, but you know what I mean.

lawd man, we could have had an all-pro team top to bottom with the talent we have passed over in drafts.

...I imagine a lot of other teams could say the same though.

I blame the coaches more than Jake. What was done during the bye week? From what I have heard...nothing. I asked the same question of a steelers fan about his team. He is often on the steelers board, and reading all the news just like the rest of us. The steelers had a full pads practice on their bye week, and look where they are now. trying for a 6th lombardi. i'm no coach, but it seems to me Mike Tomlin was the only coach to use his bye week wisely. who cares if the players weren't happy about it. they were happy when the game was over weren't they.

Jake still has it huh?..

- doesn't look off the defender - came back to haunt us

- release is too slow - came back to haunt us

- " tunnel vision" - came back to haunt us

it is obvious that other teams in the NFL are seeing Jakes flaws from tape. Not 2 mention Steve Young did a good job himself pointing them out on Monday night. These are not things that Jake can fix over night. I BET U next season..other teams will began to play Jake the same way Arizona did.

" How can U have the same behaviors, and expect different results?"

Take a chance on a QB in the 2nd round. Even if the guy doesnt pan out it wouldnt be the first time we've used a 2nd round pick on a guy who's a bust (ex: Eric Shelton, Bruce Nelson, Keary Colbert, possibly Jarrett). Best case scenario we allow a young guy with a good arm to sit and watch for a year. The move would add pressure on Jake to perform and it gives the team a future face of the franchise. Quarterback is such an important position in this game. We need somebody who's gonna do a better job of taking care of the football and spreading the ball around to maximize the offense.

2nd rounders haven't been kind to us. We need a SOLID contributor, or someone who could be one with our 2nd rounder this year, being that it really is our 1st rounder! Who do you think will be available then?

And keeping Jake is just slow death. Jake sucks and its time to start holding him accountable for that. When DeShaun started putting the ball on the ground, fans wanted him gone. When Ken Lucas started getting burnt like toast people started yelling for him to go. So why does Jake simply because he's a QB get a pass on his sh*tty play? Either today or in the future there will be a QB to replace Jake so this "the franchise is doomed forever if Jake isnt the QB" mess is GARBAGE. Im not kissing nobodys ass on the Panthers that doesnt perform well just because of the position they play. WE NEED A NEW QB!!!

Considering your were so right about Foster I would say your opinion is ummmmm......D-

Considering I was right on DWill and TurgoCRAP, I would say my opinion is A+

He is right, getting rid of Jake would just cause many problems.

You Jake Haters chill out, next year when we have a #1 pick it will be a GREAT time to get our pedigree QB.

Why not give the QBs that are on the roster a chance? One has proved that he can play and win if given a chance. The other has proven that he can play but had only played on a bunch of sorry teams. Put either of them on a tean capable of winning a dozen games and you may make it past the second week of the playoffs. Jake hadn't done sh*t in the NFL untill he was given a chance and he has peaked already.

I agree with the feelings about the coaching. It goes straight back to John Fox's philosophy and the only way to get away from that is to get rid of him. I don't think he is going to change and I seriously doubt that Fox is going anywhere.

How do you know there's no chance for improvement? You dont. We had options with Foster and have an option with Lucas because we drafted players behind them. We've yet to do this for Delhomme. Time to start looking towards the future.

we have a young quarterback who we're grooming and we brought in the best free agent we felt we could get last season.

sure, we could spend a 2nd round pick on a qb, but comparing the calls to bench foster and lucas to the non existent ones to bench delhomme leads me to think you're assuming the transition is similar.

do tell why you think plugging a young player in at quarterback is comparable to doing it at running back or corner

it's not a matter of people being content with jake, it's a matter of reality.

Considering your were so right about Foster I would say your opinion is ummmmm......D-

Considering I was right on DWill and TurgoCRAP, I would say my opinion is A+

He is right, getting rid of Jake would just cause many problems.

You Jake Haters chill out, next year when we have a #1 pick it will be a GREAT time to get our pedigree QB.

I agree with that, IF we picked a QB #1 in 2010.

That has to be our best shot, there will be several top flight QB's to choose from.

I think we will be prime to get one too because I don't see us being too successful next year.(i hope i am wrong on that because i really want us to win)

sure, we could spend a 2nd round pick on a qb, but comparing the calls to bench foster and lucas to the non existent ones to bench delhomme leads me to think you're assuming the transition is similar.

I didnt say squat about transition. I said the only reason we have the luxury to dump a Lucas and or bench a Foster was because we spent draft picks on their positions. I also brought up Foster & Lucas to display the hypocrisy when it comes to Jake and how he's allowed to play like garbage while every other player on the Panthers is held to a standard of excellence.

do tell why you think plugging a young player in at quarterback is comparable to doing it at running back or corner

Do tell how sticking with a 34 year old QB who's gotten progressively worse year after year is gonna make your football team better?

it's not a matter of people being content with jake, it's a matter of reality.

People are content with Jake. 6 TOs in a divional round playoff game? 6 TOs? I mean just 2 weeks ago we were laughing at Romo's pathetic performance in Week 17 and now we turn around and act like its not a big deal when our QB put up in an even worse one.

Brady Quinn was sitting right there two years ago at 14....

that pick turned out to be Beason so it wasn't a bad deal overall, but you know what I mean.

Actually, that trade allowed us to not only get Beason, but also Ryan Kalil. Beason + Kalil > Brady Quinn thus far.

Archived