• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake's Salary for 2009

Skew

Jake is not making $11 million next year, people. I'm tired of seeing everybody saying this. He has a cap hit of $11 million due to the signing bonus he got when his contract was last reworked.

He is only pocketing $6.3 million next year.

What does that mean? It means if the Panthers cut him, the cap relief would be $6.3 million.

NOT $11 Million!!!!

Get it right people.

Jake is not making $11 million next year, people. I'm tired of seeing everybody saying this. He has a cap hit of $11 million due to the signing bonus he got when his contract was last reworked.

He is only pocketing $6.3 million next year.

What does that mean? It means if the Panthers cut him, the cap relief would be $6.3 million.

NOT $11 Million!!!!

Get it right people.

And I believe that we wouldn't blankly save that whole 6.3 mil. Probably a fraction of the whole thing, like 3 mil. Jake will restructure to save some money and sign linemen like Rocky Bernard in the offseason.

6 turnovers is bad, and I may suggest to make it open season at QB next year, but not take it a step further and flat out release him. That would do no good.

Archived