• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Gantt article...Pep wants to play OLB in a 3-4 defense

smitzzz24

Peppers is tired of getting double-teamed on every play. He knows that he would have a better chance to blitz as well as make plays and come from different angles. There are many of us who have felt that he would make a great OLB in a 3-4.

The fact that he is leaving strongly suggests that he has tried to convince Fox to change schemes and use him differently and that Fox would rather let him leave than accomodate him. He is committed to a 4-3 no matter what so we can hang up hope things will likely change. It looks like Fox's and Trgo are the reasons Peppers is leaving.

I LOVE IT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

We cant buy J Peppers.... We threw him the largest contract in NFL history (de anyways) and he has basicaly said that our scheme sucks so bad there is NO WAY HE WILL PLAY HERE AGAIN.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is funny as hell. You go Mr. Peppers! I'm behind you.

Nothing says you suck like "Im not taking all your money, you and your system can go to hell"...

Love it....

I bet Hurney feels like an idiot. (Fox should too)

Maybe Richardson will wake the fug up and light a fire under their ass.

I really believe he wants to leave this team in a mutually beneficial situation. The fact that he met with Hurney and possibly gave him a handle full of teams that we would want to play for may give us some real chips in the game.

I LOVE IT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

We cant buy J Peppers.... We threw him the largest contract in NFL history (de anyways) and he has basicaly said that our scheme sucks so bad there is NO WAY HE WILL PLAY HERE AGAIN.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is funny as hell. You go Mr. Peppers! I'm behind you.

Nothing says you suck like "Im not taking all your money, you and your system can go to hell"...

Love it....

I bet Hurney feels like an idiot. (Fox should too)

Maybe Richardson will wake the f*ck up and light a fire under their ass.

I HATE it when I find myself agreeing with you

Acutally i commend Peppers. AK had it right. He said forget about the money, this D scheme sucks. I have a respect for a man thats not all about the money. We offered him the highest contract at his position, and he turned it down. Please let trgo go!!!!

Its pretty frustrating to sit as a fan and see that defense go to hell, year after year.

It will be very interesting to see what the free market brings for Peppers.

Coaches watch film too...they've seen him disappear...and against one blocker.

Sounds like he has Demarcus Ware envy. Besides the scheme, the other difference is, Demarcus doesn't take plays and games off.

While I certainly think Turgovac is no mental giant out there, Julius repeatedly did not beat 1 on 1 blocks...sometimes it was blatant holding not being called, other times he gave up. There was nothing wrong with him last year other than this, is the contract year.

3-4 teams:

Cowboys

49ers

Dolphins

Patriots

Jets

Ravens

Steelers

Browns

Bengals maybe switching to it I hear?

Chargers

Cowboys don't have a first round pick since they got taken in the deal for the overrated Roy Williams... Chargers have two good OLBs, as do the Steelers; so count those two teams out. I can see Peppers going to any of the other teams, and none would really bother me.

For the Dolphins though... Imagine Peppers and Porter both coming from opposite sides lined up against TEs. Game over.

Archived