• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does JR think.......

Bob NC

What does JR think when he looks at half empty stands?

Honestly, what goes through his mind when he looks at thousands and thousands of empty seats at BOA?

Does he think that maybe the NFL is losing fans in droves? Does he think that NFL football is on the way out because his stands are only half full?

Maybe he's at a loss because he has honestly done everything he can do to field a competitive team?

Maybe he is thinking to himself: "I am the best businessman on earth because I got all my customers to pay in advance?"

He sold millions in PSL's, then required all those PSL owners to buy season tickets every year. Hey, ya know what? He's got his. He doesn't need the stands to be filled unless he wants to sell a few more popcorns and beers.

I wonder how that business model would have worked at Hardee's? Get everyone to pay for a years hamburgers in advance, then when they come into the store they find employees who don't speak english serving rancid meat. Somehow, I don't think it would work.

I hope he is looking good and making a real impression on the NFL and his fellow owners. He's really making a stand. But, ya know what? The NFL and all his owner friends haven't bought one ticket at BOA. They haven't bought one hot dog or beer at BOA. They haven't bought a single jersey or bumper sticker at BOA.

Look at any other game on tv this weekend, you never saw another stadium that looked so embarrassingly empty.

The fans here have caught on. The Patriots sucked for years, their stands were filled with fans every game. Look at the Lions, the Browns, everywhere you look you see teams with diehard fans because they all know their owners, coaches and players are doing everything they can do to win.

JR has shown us what he thinks of his fans.

Was carolina the only team to raise ticket prices this year? Does the economic problems result in low attendances? I know it has for me, I would have gone to both home games. But with lack of finances and a new baby added, it makes things difficult for myself. I can only speak for my own situations pertaining to attendance. But if anybody is so upset that they refuse to attend and spend another cent, you can donate your tickets to me. I'll be more than happy to take your place in a seat, winning or loosing.

What will hurt is when people don't renew their PSL and nobody else buys it. Jerry is playing with fire right now... I guess he figures the Panthers survived a 1-15 season so they can survive this.

Considering people would lose thousand of dollars I dont see that happening.

I know more than one person who walked away from their PSL simply because they figured out it would be cheaper in the long run to just show up and buy a ticket from a scalper.

Then these people have more money than they know what to do with. I have $4500 in my PSL's in the 500's. I cant see myself just letting them go back for nothing.

I know more than one person who walked away from their PSL simply because they figured out it would be cheaper in the long run to just show up and buy a ticket from a scalper.

My brother has a PSL. There are two PSLs for sale right next to him. The tix are offered to me at face almost every week. Why would I do that when I can go to the stadium and buy a ticket for $10 or $20, and go to the exact same seats and sit there because I know they are open.

The continued success of the PSL model depends on the continued success of the team. Consistent winning brings fans in and eventually creates the situations you see in NY, DC, etc where you have fans/families on waiting lists for season tickets. Not so good when your team sucks and tickets are cheap or free.

The fans here have caught on. The Patriots sucked for years, their stands were filled with fans every game. Look at the Lions, the Browns, everywhere you look you see teams with diehard fans because they all know their owners, coaches and players are doing everything they can do to win.

JR has shown us what he thinks of his fans.

One flaw in that "diehard" statement - the Lions owner did NOT do everything he could to win... see Matt Millen

But otherwise, I'm sure JR feels the impact of a half-empty stadium, both in his pocketbook (concessions) and in his concern for the franchise... even with the "pay-in-advance" thing. The litmus test will be what does he do about it come next season.

Archived